[NEohioPAL] Opinion: Nina Domingue give a must-see performance in CPT's NO CHILD

DanielGreatLakes at aol.com DanielGreatLakes at aol.com
Thu Apr 9 07:27:03 PDT 2009

I don't post to this list very often, but last night I saw the final  dress
of CPT's "No Child," a one-woman show featuring Nina Domingue,  directed by my
friend and co-worker Lisa Ortenzi, written by Nilaja Sun; and it  absolutely
blew me away.

Nina gives what is arguably Cleveland's single best acting performance  of
the year.  It was like watching a young Anna Deavere Smith in her prime,
hitting it out of the park.  She somehow manages to switch characters  between
wildly different personalities on a dime, yet makes each one clear,  precise, and
honest.  It is masterful storytelling, simply told,  beautifully directed,
powerfully executed -- not to mention laugh-out-loud  funny.

I'll leave CPT's marketing department and the professional reviewers the
task of summarizing the plot, crossing all of the production's "t's" and dotting
all of its "i's," but suffice it to say this should be a  performance long
remembered in this town for its brilliance.

Congratulations to Nina, CPT and all involved.  Get to the Bookstore  Theatre
before this gem is gone.

Daniel  Hahn