[NEohioPAL] Cleveland AEA Liaison Committee voices its support for the Beck Center for the Cultural Arts

Cleveland Liaison Committee Actors Equity Association aea.cleveland at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 13:05:42 PDT 2009

As professional artists  and members of the Cleveland Actors’ Equity Association Liaison Committee, we wanted to  add our collective voices of concern and support for the future of the Beck  Center for the Cultural Arts.
The Beck Center, a vital arts institution in this community for over 70 years, was a pioneer in  offering Equity contracts to local actors, a commitment from which they have  never wavered.  As artists who are committed to staying in Northeast Ohio and  making a living at our craft, we honor and will always be grateful to the Beck  Center and to Scott Spence in particular.  We also applaud their ongoing  commitment to their students, whose perceptions of professionalism are  positively impacted by the participation of Equity members.
Please spread the word  that The Beck Center has shown strong support for Equity members, plays an  important role in the arts community, and is vital for our theater  scene's continued survival and growth.

Sincerely,

Marc Moritz, Co-chair

Nick Koesters, Co-chair

Angela Gillespie Winborn