[NEohioPAL] Legacy Family Singers

James Traxler jtraxbay at oh.rr.com
Sat Apr 11 11:05:46 PDT 2009

How many choirs do you know that provide an opportunity for the entire
family to sing together?  How many choirs do you know that include music
education for all ages and levels of ability, yet achieve a high level of
choral artistry for concerts?  I only know of one:  Legacy Family Singers.
We do have a strict age requirement:  you must be between the ages of 8 and
108!

We rehearse from 7:00 to 9:00 every Tuesday evening in the choir room at
Grace Church at 7393 Pearl Road in Middleburg Heights, just two minutes east
of the I-71/Pearl Road interchange.  Bring your entire family, or just come
by yourself.  I guarantee you will be enriched by this experience.  For
planning purposes, a call to let us know you are coming is helpful.  Call
Legacy in Education, 440-846-0973, or my number below.

Legacy in Education, a wonderful organization to subsidize school-based
music education for children who might not otherwise receive that vital
education, asked me to start a new choir this year to provide an extension
of this musical education to adults and children.  We sang two Christmas
concerts and are now preparing for our Spring Concert on May 31, a joint
concert with Jazz for Peace.  Through our performances we raise awareness of
our primary mission, which you can read about at www.legacyineducation.org.
Come join us!

Jim Traxler

Director, Legacy Family Singers

 <mailto:jtraxbay at oh.rr.com> jtraxbay at oh.rr.com

Cell 440-554-4519

"In today's North American society, music has become largely commercially
oriented toward performance by the few for the many. The deeper promise of
music for all has been forgotten. Many people who loved singing as children
haven't sung since. Others were designated "non-singers" by thoughtless
adults, and have carried this musical wounding all their lives. We believe
singing is everybody's birthright, and holds a key for the healing of the
world."  .from www.communitychoirleadership.com