[NEohioPAL] The Threepenny Opera Opens May 29

Wanda Wareham WWareham at FineArtsAssociation.org
Fri May 15 09:51:44 PDT 2009

The Fine Arts Association

presents

The Threepenny Opera
Book and Lyrics by Bertolt Brecht
Music by Kurt Weill
English Adaptation by Mark Blitzstein

Directed by James Mango

Performance Dates:
May 29, 30, June 5, 6, 12, and 13 at 7:30 p.m. and May 31, June 7, and 14 at 2:00 p.m.

in the "Corning Cabaret" at The Fine Arts Association
38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio   44094

Tickets:
$23/seniors & students; $25/adults

Discounted rates for groups of 10 and more

Student Rush tickets $12.50 each for anyone with a school or college ID.
(Student Rush tickets can be purchased ½ hour before curtain time.  Seating based on availability.)

Log on to www.fineartsassociation.org <http://www.fineartsassociation.org/>  or call (440) 951-7500

Cast:
Street Singer-Joe Milan
Mr. Peachum-Michael Rogan
Mrs. Peachum-Candace Russell
Filch- Aaron Drews
Polly Peachum-Aubrey Fisher
Macheath-Paul Floriano
Jenny Driver-Carla Petroski
Rev. Kimball-Carl Simoncic
Tiger Brown-Bruce Bogart
Smith-Jerry Jaffe
Lucy Brown-Natalie Dolezal
Readymoney Matt-Jon Gellott
Crookfinger Jake-Justin Brenis
Bob the Saw-Chuck Matthews
Walt Dreary-Willie Glenn
Betty-Kylie McLaughlin
Dolly-Angela Menser
Molly-Stephane Stone
Coaxer-Maggie Leach
Constable-Kent Overton
Beggar-Taras Chopenko

Production Team:
Director-James Mango
Choreographer-Alison Prucha
Accompanist-Lori Elias
Stage Manager-David Malinowski
Scenic Designer-Paul Gatzke
Lighting Designer-Kristen Buchs
Costume Designer-Caitlin Sandham
Sound Designer-Richard Ingraham

About the show:
Is it Opera? Is it Musical Theatre?  Yes.  It is one of the most important works in both music and theatre of the 20th Century, and it still has resonance and entertainment value today.  Weill and Brecht brilliantly question our values, our heroes, and our humanity while hitting us over the head with the velvet hammer of beautiful music.