[NEohioPAL] Auditions for national booking agency

Leigh A Peterson lovetolaugh at earthlink.net
Sat May 23 09:18:21 PDT 2009

Scott,

We KNOW that this is a free audition, and we KNOW that not everyone gets accepted. We also KNOW that if we do get excepted and we WANT to go to Florida, we have to pay big time. Your long list of experience does not change that fact.

There are plenty of free ways we here in Cleveland can get experience and paying jobs, especially now that NEHST Film Studios will be moving here (also free of charge thanks to the convention center) to start producing movies in town. They also just held a free audition and will be handing out JOBS, not "opportunities," "showcases" or "development." We have three great local modeling and talent agencies that represent us FOR FREE and don't make money unless we make money. They don't accept everyone either. We have many national casting directors we can submit ourselves to for free. We have TONS of professional and regional theatres at which to gain experience. We have tons of bands and music agencies that hire singers and musicians for real work and weekly jobs.

I know because I've done all these things myself, AND I auditioned for a situation such as yours many years ago.

Neohiopal is full of professionals that know better. You might want to try Craigs List.

Leigh Peterson