[NEohioPAL] Auditions for national booking agency

Twinsburgtheater at aol.com Twinsburgtheater at aol.com
Fri May 22 08:57:29 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,
My name is Scott Cooper and I am the owner of Wilhelmina/Evolution Agency.
 I am also the Executive Director of "The Talent International Network
Company."  I understand that there are a lot of concerns about the auditions that
I am holding in Ohio this weekend.   I understand these concerns as anyone
in the entertainment business has to be a good consumer and see what each
company has to offer.  Our program is not open to everyone that auditions.  We
scout talent nationally and choose under 150 people across the US to
participate in our program. That is the maximum number of people that will go to
the Orlando convention in total and it is only those 150 who will be seen by
the agents, managers and casting directors that we bring in.

We are only looking for talent that are serious about developing a career.
 This program is not for the performer that acts as a hobby.  We do
concentrate on developing, educating and showcasing talent into National and
International markets.  I have a special affinity to Ohio because I started many
years ago as a singer/dancer at Kings Island.  From the time that I was six
years old, I knew that I wanted to be a performer.  Unfortunately, I lived in
a small town in the foothills of North Carolina.  I did not have any
direction or guidance as to how to work professionally.  By the time I had
graduated high school, I had performed in   32 productions ranging from MacBeth to
Peter Pan.  At every show, I would imagine that a Hollywood casting director
would show up in my little theatre in North Carolina, discover me and put me
on a sitcom.  I finally realized that was never going to happen.  After
graduating from college with degrees in Acting and Music, I went to work for
Theme Parks and Cruise Ships.  It was a fun way to make money but still did
not get me to my goal of being a New York or Los Angeles Actor.  Finally, when
I was 29, I moved to New York.  It was wonderful.  I worked in theatre in
New York as well as national tours.  The hardest thing about New York was
that I did not have an agent.  I would stand in open call lines for hours to
walk in the door to sing 16 bars.  I would see the actors with agents passing
the line to go straight in for their appointment.  Some people say that it
only takes a stamp and an envelope to get an agent.  I spent 6 years sending
out headshots and resumes monthly to agencies and never got one appointment.
 Agencies in major markets receive hundreds of submissions by mail and
through email daily.  Many quality performers get lost in the shuffle.  When I
booked a show in the city, I would buy tickets to send agencies, hoping they
would come to my performance. They never did. I have made it my mission to
find undiscovered talent and give them the opportunity that I never had.
 After going behind the scenes, I went to work in casting and production
coordination for Paramount.  It was amazing to see just what performers had to go
through to get in the door.  Finally, I opened a talent agency to help
connect legit talent to quality clients and I am happy to say that this is my
passion.  Undiscovered talent that I have found have gone on to work in New
York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, Paris, Milan, Japan, Tokyo and many
other markets.  Entertainers that have been through our program have credits
that include The Devil Wears Prada, Enchanted, Leatherheads, The Reeper,
Chuck, Beverly Hills 90210, True Blood, Prom Night, Hannah Montana, The Hills
Have Eyes 2, Cosmopolitan, Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle,
Teen Vogue, Seventeen Magazine, Cosmo Girl, Shape Magazine, Sports
Illustrated Swim Suit Issue, Victoria Secret and many others.

Please do not let people who have been burned by other companies influence
your decision to pass up an opportunity.  This is a free audition and
information meeting only.  There is no obligation for you to sign any contracts or
make any on-the-spot decisions. Even if you do not get accepted into the
program, you will learn something.  Be a good consumer and check us out
yourself.  And for those who come to meet me . . . break a leg!

Sincerely
Scott Cooper
President
Wilhelmina/Evoluton

=

Kick start your favorite grad’s career with mobile email for
under $50.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100122638x1221971194x1201441917/aol?redir==http://www.getpeek.com/aol)