[NEohioPAL] June sizzles at the Maltz Museum!

Lynda Bender lbender at mmjh.org
Wed Jun 3 06:12:31 PDT 2009

DON'T MISS

THE ENEMY WITHIN: TERROR IN AMERICAN 1776 TO TODAY

On exhibition through August 16

At the MALTZ MUSEUM OF JEWISH HERITAGE

2929 RICHMOND ROAD, BEACHWOOD

Enjoy a special program related to the themes of the exhibition

Seating is limited. For tickets call 216-593-0575

Music: I Ain't Marching Anymore: Protest Music in America -- 1776 to
Today

Wednesday, June 10

7pm

$15/$12 members

American protest music did not begin with Bob Dylan, or even with his
greatest influence, Woody Guthrie. Since this country's earliest times,
songs have inspired and incited -- anti-war songs from the Revolution to
Iraq; human rights songs from slavery to the civil rights movement;
songs about everything from the Depression to pollution to nuclear
proliferation to urban sprawl; and in every genre of music from folk and
country, to jazz and pop; rock and punk, to R&B and hip-hop. Join David
Budin and musicians from Roots of American Music in a lively evening of
music and history.

Dog Day Afternoon: Police Dog Demonstration

Sunday, June 14

1pm

Free (admission to the Museum additional)

Join the excitement with this awe-inspiring demonstration of police K-9
dogs by B.A.R.K (Buckeye Area Regional K-9 and see exactly how these
amazing animals keep our community safe.

Guest Lecture: The Oklahoma City Bombing - Reflections of a Prosecutor

Wednesday, June 24

7pm

$10/$8 members

CSU Law School Dean Geoffrey Mearns, one of the federal prosecutors who
participated in the successful prosecution of Terry Nichols for his role
in the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City, discusses why
Nichols and Timothy McVeigh planned and executed the most deadly
domestic terrorism attack in our country's history.  Dean Mearns will
also discuss lessons learned from the response to domestic terrorism in
combating international terrorism.