[NEohioPAL] acting workshops?

Anastasjoy at aol.com Anastasjoy at aol.com
Mon Jun 1 15:37:42 PDT 2009

In a message dated 6/1/09 4:12:27 PM, rtiques1 at aol.com writes:

> I wasnt going to post, then decided I should.  I dont understand why
> people are charging people for acting workshops with acting coaches that havent
> really done any acting.  You could goto NYC and be taught by people
> currently on TV and doing major films for cheaper than what some of these people
> are charging for these workshops.  I think it is great to want to teach,
> but honestly, why should people pay rediculous amounts of money for these
> classes when The coaches themselves have no credits.   Also, there are several
> schools that offer free courses over the summer,  I dont think it is right
> at all to charge unless you can promise people they are getting what they
> pay for.  Not saying that is the case, but if you check the names of people
> doing the classes,  most of the time, they havent done much of any acting
> themselves??  I am all for people taking workshops, but not fo r people
> using the workshops to make a buck.

Well, you ought to evaluate workshops and talk to people who have taken
them. But keep in mind that just because someone has "on TV" doesn't
necessarily make that person a better teacher or coach (or even actor) that someone
who "hasn't really done any acting," whatever that may mean. Someone may be a
highly effective teacher without having a long list of flashy credit — see
what their students have accomplished or what their students feel they've
gotten from the classes/coaching. Yes, there are free classes, but sometimes
you get what you pay for. I don't undertsand why anyone would resent a
talented teacher charging for their services — and each student alone is the judge
of whether it is worth it to them. I don't think it's fair to sit in
judgement on whether it's "right" for someone to charge or whether anyone, other
than yourself is "getting what they paid for."

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377040x1201454360/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&
bcd=JuneExcfooterNO62)