[NEohioPAL] acting workshops?

Anastasjoy at aol.com Anastasjoy at aol.com
Mon Jun 1 16:04:05 PDT 2009

In a message dated 6/1/09 6:55:37 PM, Rtiques1 writes:

> I understand where you are coming from and I should have had my posting
> more clear with what I was trying to say.  Personally, I dont think
> childrens workshops should be charging in the hundreds unless they have some sort
> of casting director or someone with some noteable credits. again, this is my
> opinion.  I am not at all saying that the teacher has to be someone with
> many credits, but if they are going to charge children or anyone a high
> price, they should have something.  I wasnt going to post at all, but since I
> posted I have received many emails of people thanking me for posting, I
> didnt want to cause any problems on the list but just thought people should
> watch out and check out what these workshops have to offer before spending
> hundreds.

Especially if you are referring to children's workshops/classes, I would
think parents would want to extensively check out ANY workshop, regardless of
whether it costs hundreds or dollars or is free. As for a "casting
director," unless you're a stage parent or have a child with profressional
aspirations, I'm not sure I see the relevance of that. Most of the people I know whose
kids are taking acting classes are doing it for fun, even the ones who have
already performed semi-professionally. For cihldren, I'd say the most
important thing is a sympathetic teacher who works well with kids, gives them
confidence and is able to impart a sense of the teamwork that is one of the
greatest benefits of theater. If you've got kids in the professional pipeline
and feel you were promised something careerwise that certain classes couldn't
deliver, then I understand your dismay. It always pays to do research and
make sure that what you are getting (or what you are getting for your kids)
matches your/their particular needs.

An Excellent Credit Score
is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377040x1201454360/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/defaul
t.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=JuneExcfooterNO62)