[NEohioPAL] LAST CALL FOR "TXT-ING"!

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:48:15 PDT 2009

Please consider joining us at the *Heights Arts Studio (2340 Lee Road) at
7:30 this Wednesday nite 6/17* for the last-ever showing of "txt-ing",
OddyFest's June show featuring Shakespeare mash-uppery, rap, and "The
Hangover"-esque piece called "Stand Down".  As always, NEOhioPAL referencers
get in for HALF-PRICE ($5), as wel as anyone who references our new tweets
on our Twitter site!

*txt-ing: The TENTH ODDY FEST SHOW*

* *

*“The Fog” by William Shakespeare*

*Arranged & adapted by Matt Greenfield*

This ambitious short work takes individual iambic pentameter lines from all
of the Bard’s works and re-arranges them to create a Beckettian mash-up that
explores the meaning of theatre and the theater of meaning.

*Intermission music featuring the rap “Drop the Mic”!*

Opening and closing the set are short folksy works from OddyFest troupe
members, but stuffed in between is some hard-core minimalistic rap!

*Stand Down: A Morality Play for the Modern Era**

*by Matt Greenfield & Matt Goldman*

Based on real-life events, this hilarious work takes a close look at why so
many of today’s young people choose to envelop themselves in a comforting
world of ipods, texting, and minimalized human contact.

With a crazy gamut of characters, it’s pretty easy to see why such an
isolated world is preferable...

* *

*June 17*

* *

*SHOW STARTS AT 7:30 P.M.*

*(doors open at 7:15)*

* *

*HEIGHTS ARTS STUDIO*

*2340 Lee Road (across the bridge)*

*(on the west side of the Cleveland Heights Library)*

* *

*ALL TICKETS $10**!*

* *

**Rated F-bombtastic for language.*

* *

***Mention NEOhioPAL or our tweetage and get in for half-price ($5)!*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival
oddyfest at gmail.com