[NEohioPAL] ODDY AUDITION REMINDER!

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:50:07 PDT 2009

Hope to see you enterprising actors/writers/musicians at the open *OddyFest
auditions on July 12th at the Brody/Nelson Meeting Room of the Cleveland
Heights Library on Lee Road from 1-4:30*.  If you don't want to wait for
first-come, first-serve, just shoot us an email to set up a time!

AUDITIONS FOR THE ODDY FESTIVAL—ROUND DOS!

The Oddy Festival, Cleveland Heights’ only bi-monthly fringe theatre
festival, is nearing its one-year anniversary, and we need fresh blood to
keep on going into Year Two and beyond!

WHAT WE DO: New theatre by local playwrights, every odd Wednesday (that’s
the first and third Wednesday, if you’re counting) of each month.  Our
current venue is the Heights Arts Studio located at 2340 Lee Road adjacent
via pedestrian walkway bridge to the Cleveland Heights Library.  They’ve
been good enough to host us for the past 10 months, with no end in sight!  We
rehearse in the space from 7-9 on even Wednesday nights, most Friday nights,
and an occasional Monday.

WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR: Anyone who is up for the challenge of creating a new
play every month with little material compensation except for cast party
beverages.  For Fall ’09, we tentatively have slated a bio-play about Leon
Trotsky, a meta-theatre break-down piece, and a *shtetl* play, so, while we
need *actors who like to interact with the audience and/or can develop
authentic Eastern European accents*, we are very open-minded when it comes
to casting.  We also have a need for *new scripts from local writers*,
usually in the short range (1/2 hour-1 hour tops), and we also have need for
*guest musicians to serve as opening acts *from time to time.

WHEN ARE THESE AUDITIONS OF WHICH YOU SPEAK? Good question (although we
wrote of the auditions and didn’t speak of them).  Auditions are scheduled
in the *Brody/Nelson Meeting Room of the **Cleveland Heights** Library from
**1:00** to **4:30** on SUNDAY, JULY 12th. * It’s the room to the right of
the main entrance off Lee Road.**

* *

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? *These are open auditions*, but auditioners will be
accepted first-come, first-serve, and you’ll be given priority if you call
ahead for an appointment.  *No monologues necessary* (though we’ll see ‘em
if you got ‘em), but be ready to cold-read from scripts.

CONTACT:
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival
oddyfest at gmail.com