[NEohioPAL] A Mike & Ike "Satirical" review of First Grace Arts' "Godspell."

Jeff Holland mikethelimeyandikethehick at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 13:47:08 PDT 2009

WARNING:  THE FOLLOWING REVIEW IS VERY LATE

Mike: (English accent) Greetings and salutations.  He's not Mike.

Ike: (Southern accent) He ain't Ike.  And we are unholy nun butter.

M:  Our heads are hung in shame.

I:  All four of 'em.

M:  We saw the show last Friday.

I:  It closed last Sunday.

M:  Review should have been up last Saturday.

I:  And why wasn't it?

M:  Because we are unholy nun butter.

I:  We begin the blame transfer with writer's block, the scourge of anybody who puts fingertip to keyboard.

M:  For three days we did nothing but smoke and stare at a blank computer screen.

I:  Then we spent a couple days smokin' and starin' at porn, but that didn't help either.

M:  But then, after a day of smoking and not staring at anything, the ideas started coming faster then your daughter on prom night.

I:  And they were all really funny.

M:  So we wrote five different reviews and, while entertaining, none of them said what we really wanted to say about the show.

I:  So here it is.  We hate Godspell. Always have.  Seen the play twice and 1/4 of the movie once.

M:  Don't care for the songs or for the "people" singing them.

I:  Having said that

M:  We loved this production.

I:  We loved the songs.

M:  And India Burton and Erika Rylow need to record an album. Their voices together are enough to make even the most jaded soul weep with joy.

I:  And we don't even have souls, which should tell ya somethin' right there.

M:  And on that note

I:  Namaste.