[NEohioPAL] Geauga Lyric Theater Guild seeks Executive Director

greg pribulsky gp08 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 03:25:11 PDT 2009

Would you like to become part of a fast growing non-profit organization?  Do you have the ability to lead and communicate effectively?  Do you have a passion for the arts?  If you answered yes to these questions then you may be the person we are looking for.

Geauga LTG is seeking a passionate, organized, clear communicator to run our blossoming organization.  We have been a community theater for over 50 years and we are now developing a Cultural Arts Center in Geauga County around 5 disciplines:  Dance, Theater, Visual Arts, Film/TV, and Music.

Abilities of the qualified candidate include but are not limited to:

develop innovative strategies to maximize earned and contributed income;
deal effectively with the board and other advisory/organizations;
develop programs and presentations either directly on behalf of the board or in partnership with private sector enterprises;
create opportunities to increase the effectiveness of the organization and expand its influence;
represent the board's arts and cultural programs to the artistic, social, political, and business communities of the region;
clearly articulate a vision, exhibit a commitment to quality, and demonstrate the sensitivity to successfully navigate the complexities of managing an enterprise with many stakeholders;
demonstrate a commitment to integrating arts, entertainment, and education programming into a broader community development agenda;
listen, negotiate, and collaborate with diverse groups and management teams, and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills; and
deal effectively with representatives from public and private agencies, and the general public in coordinating activities and resolving problems.

The duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Job descriptions are subject to change by the Board as the needs of the Guild and requirements of the job change.

If you would like an opportunity to be considered for this position please send us your resume no later than August 1st, 2009 to:

Geauga Lyric Theater Guild
c/o Executive Director Search Committee
PO Box 834
Chardon, OH 44024