[NEohioPAL] war as art/art as war exhibit at morgan conservatory

rebekka willow janedoe963 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 16:58:10 PDT 2009

War As Art/Art As War
The Artist Looks at the Horrors of War
(in conjunction with the Combat Paper Workshop)

through September 12 @
Morgan Art of Papermaking Conservatory and Educational Foundation
1754 East 47th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44103
216.361.9255
www.morganconservatory.org
Gallery Hours:
Wednesday-Saturday, 10am-4pm

My friend Leonard Shelton has worked with Iraq Veterans Against the War
(IVAW) for some years now.  One of the therapeutic projects he and other
veterans have engaged in is to make paper from their old service
uniforms. This paper is then transformed into various art pieces.  Work is
being shown by former service members from across the country and the UK (in
addition to Leonard's!).  This show is really heavy: a lot of focus on
landmine use, the human "cost" of war, glorification of guns, etc.  Please
come and support our warriors as they try to heal.

Come, come, whoever you are:
Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving... Our's is not a caravan of despair.

Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times, come yet again!
Come, come!
Rumi