[NEohioPAL] Casting Educational Film

Rohn Thomas rdthoma1 at kent.edu
Sat Aug 8 10:33:47 PDT 2009

Kent State University in conjunction with King Saud University in Saudi
Arabia is developing a course on entrepreneurship.  The Teleproduction
Department at KSU will be taping the video component of this course.

The video project entails eight vignettes.  Each will be three to four
minutes in length and will be used to demonstrate certain aspects of the
instruction.  I will be doing the casting of these short scenes.  It is
appropriate and imperative that we use Saudi Arabian actors for this
project.   And that is where I need your aid.

I am searching for six Saudi Arabian performers.  The people cast do not
need to be professional actors.  Or, necessarily, actors at all.  We need
people who will be comfortable being filmed.

Key roles thus far are:

          Amir (20’s)

          Raghib (50’s)

          George (40’s)

          Chris (20’s)

We will be taping on the KSU Campus in the Studio at Teleproduction in the
Music and Speech Building.  Please understand that all those working on this
project will be paid.

I would be grateful for your advice and suggestions.  Our schedule is very
tight.  We will be taping the week of the September 21.  The shoot will be
four days.  My email address is rdthoma1 at kent.edu.  I hope to hear from you
soon.