[NEohioPAL] Last Call - Introduction to Professional Clowning

Robert Kreidler rkreidler at att.net
Wed Aug 19 09:20:38 PDT 2009

The Ohio College of Clowning Arts

Introduction to Professional Clowning

The Ohio College of Clowning, Ohio's premier clown training center, announces an Introduction to Professional Clowning.  This session is Saturday, August 22, 2009 from 9:30-11:00 AM at the College's new home Musica, at 51 E. Market Street, Akron, OH. Executive and Artistic Director, Robert F. Kreidler says, "The purpose of our session is to inform students of what it takes to become a professional entertainer using the clowning arts."

"Mention the word clown," said Kreidler "and folks think of a colorful person making balloons.  We train students to be character actors who professionally entertain audiences.  In our Introduction to Professional Clowning we help attendees understand what is involved in training in the clowning arts.  They meet our staff and faculty and we give them open access to our graduates and let them decide for themselves if what we offer is for them."

The complimentary session includes continental breakfast and will give those in attendance ample opportunity to explore the entire spectrum of professional clowning from curriculum, faculty, to the post graduation experience.

The essentials:

LOCATION: Musica, 51 E. Market Street, Akron, OH 44308

TIME:             9:30 - 11:00 AM

DATE:            Saturday, August 22, 2009

WHO:             Anyone interested in becoming a professional entertainer using clowning arts.

WHY:              The Ohio College of Clowning Arts begins its 21st year, September 14th.  Attendance is limited to 12 students for the Class of 2010.

RSVP              Required to Robert F. Kreidler, Executive and Artistic Director, The Ohio College of Clowning Arts, 206 Hollywood Avenue, Akron, OH 44313, phone: 330.935.9460, email: rkreidler at ohiocollegeclowningarts.com