[NEohioPAL] North Canton Playhouse Newsletter 8/24/2009

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 24 09:19:35 PDT 2009

NORTH CANTON PLAYHOUSE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

SMALL TALK AT THE WATER COOLER.....A SKETCH COMEDY REVUE!!!
Our next production to be held at the Youth Theatre at 1210 S. Main St. in North Canton...
Opening this Thursday, August 27 and followed by Aug. 28,29, Sept. 3,4 and 5...all shows at 8 PM
All tickets $8.......WALK INS WELCOME
Produced and directed by Jeremy Lewis (graduate of Malone University)
Written and Improv Directed by Justin Edenhofer (also Malone Univ. grad)
Everyone!! Show your support by attending one of these shows.....twelve comedic shorts, eleven fun people, ten thumbs up and A LOT OF FUN!!
IN keeping with the spirit of developing new artists and works at NCP, this production features the writings and improv talents of Justin Edenhofer, who has recently finished his studies at Second City, the improv capital of Chicago.
OPENING SEPT. 11:  CONFESSIONS FROM THE LADIES ROOM     Studio Theatre
Mark it in your calendar now....another hysterical show from Shane Riggs, who wrote "The Lightbearer", which was performed a few years ago in our Studio Theatre...
Two weekend Run!!!   Sept. ll - 20....
AUDITIONS GALORE!!!!
Wed. August 26   7 pm at the NCP Mainstage.
"Funeral for a Gangster" Murder Mystery
as previously stated, lots of parts available, but you need to be able to improv...adlib....whatever it takes!
Parts needed for the play are: 2 males...2 females...part of Frankie is pre-cast.
Event to be held at Fieldcrest on Halloween night starting  at 5:30 pm. Dinner included in the $35 price...it all takes place in a speakeasy at Vito's Wake....come onnna  show you respect!!!
Tuesday Sept. l and Wed. Sept. 2 at 7 pm at NCP Mainstage
"Night of the Living Dead"
Cast requirements:  5-7 men.........2 adult women.......l female child (8-12) and l5+ zombies
Actors for the parts of Johnny and Barbara are returning from last years cast and are not open for auditioners.
Performances will be Oct. 23,24,29,30 at 8 pm  .....    Oct. 25 and Nov. l at 2:30 pm (Sunday)
NOTE: Special Halloween show Oct. 3l at MIDNIGHT!!
Sunday, September 13 and Monday September 14 at the NCP Mainstage
"Disney's Beauty and the Beast Jr."
Cast requirements: Youth ages 10 - 18
All auditioners should come prepared to sing a short song without music. There will be cold reads from the script and a brief dance audition.
SHOWS: January 21st - 31st, 2010
Sunday, Sept. 27   2 pm   at NCP Mainstage
"The Littlest Angel"
Cast requirements: Children ages 5-l4 years old..
All auditioners should come prepared to sing one verse from a Christmas Carol (something other than Jingle Bells)
Performances will be held Dec. 4-l3.
MONSTER IN THE CLOSET auditions were held this week, the show is now cast and rehearsals will be starting soon.
Thanks to everyone who auditioned....sorry we only had parts available for l9 young actors....but get involved by working tech for some of the shows....Remember, it is great fun to act, but also great fun to learn all aspects of theatre!!  We did!!
OKAY....EVERYONE.....LOOSIN' UP!!!
RAF TASTIC!! remember that word....it is our second annual big fundraiser for the year!!  We need everyone to pitch in, buy a couple of tickets and then sell a few more!!  Can you do it to keep our fabulous theatre operating??  Of course you can. Soooo call the office and find out how to get those tickets ($l0 a ticket or 3 for $25) and guess what the prize is? $l000 in cash....should I repeat that?  $l000 in CASH!!  Winner to be announced at our Annual Georgie's Banquet which will be held this year on Sept. 28.. more details to follow about that exciting evening later!!
UPCOMING MEETINGS:
Wed. Sept. 9..l pm...at the NCP Youth Theatre.......NCP Arts meeting...if you would like to be part of this committee, contact Brenton at the office (330-494-1613) and he will put you in touch with the right people.
Wed. Sept. 9..2:30 pm...at the NCP Studio Theatre.....the Encore Players....if you are interested in performing out in the community (nursing homes, churches, groups) join us for a fun activity that continues throughout the year(s).  We also do a couple of artistic events at the theatre....ENJOY LIFE!!!
Lisa Paynter is happy to announce the title of the  Fall Acting Workshop for Ages 7-l3:
THE NIGHT THEY STOLE HALLOWEEN
ZOMBIES AND MUMMIES AND WEREWOLVES, OH MY!!  Kids get to be awesome Halloween characters who act and lightly sing and dance their way to save Halloween!
These workshops are very popular....so please register early....first come, first serve....
Details/flyers  can be obtained by calling the office or walking in....check office hours though...
Classes begin Sept. 29......$l35 per student.....
STUFF:
Main Street Festival was held this past weekend....Camp Jukebox was again a huge success!!  Many thanks to Norma Capocci, her lovely daughter, Lisa and all of the volunteers and parents who helped make this another great week for VSA!
Again we thank Vicki Stanley and John Allensworth and all of their volunteers for making NIKO NIGHT a wonderful community event, proceeds to help NCP!  We had a great time....and the food (and beer) was outstanding!!
Rehearsals have started with our Spotlight on Youth Repertory Company....we have received additional grant monies to go into many more schools....this is very encouraging...our grantors realize the importance of taking social issue plays into the schools....and we thank all of them....we have approximately 40 in the company, most teens, some adults and one child (hi, Emma).
On a sad note:  This week we lost a great lady from the NCP Senior Troupe.....Mary Stoner.  She passed away at the age of 82....she leaves behind 4 children and many grandchildren, but most of all..Ken, the love of her life...they were married for 62 years...they loved each other very very much and enjoyed  l2 years with the Senior Troupe....their energy and vitality were always an inspiration to all of us....we miss you already, Mary!   Godspeed......
Break a Leg.............

Brenton Cochran                                          Mary McManaway
Office Manager                                            Artistic Director