[NEohioPAL] Original One-Woman Show “I’m Just Me … Mary" Oct. 9 at 8 p.m., Hermit Club!

PrestonWmn at aol.com PrestonWmn at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 06:12:36 PDT 2009

Nationally Touring Comedienne Kathie Dice Performs One-Woman Show “I’m
Just Me … Mary”

CLEVELAND, Ohio  – Nationally touring comedienne Kathie Dice performs her
original, one-woman show “I’m Just Me … Mary” for one night only at the
Hermit Club at 1629 Dodge Court, behind Playhouse Square, on Friday, October
9th at 8:00 p.m.  Tickets are $8 at the door, or $7 if you bring a canned food
item for the Cleveland Foodbank.

In “I’m Just Me … Mary,” Ms. Dice portrays the Virgin Mary as she
believes Mary may have reacted when she was told she would be the mother of Jesus,
giving a funny, touching and introspective performance that everyone will
enjoy.   “It’s not considered a religious show,” Dice says.  “Mary –
formerly known as...the virgin – shows us how to live life, with humor and with
solid core values that keep you grounded and sane in today's crazy world,” Dice
explains.

An award-winning comedienne, actress, writer and director, Dice is a
hometown gem with national recognition.  Dice pokes fun at the world around her
and finds her unique brand of humor in the rational – and irrational parts of
everyday life.  She has appeared in TV commercials and the Academy
Award-nominated film American Splendor.  Dice writes her own material and performs
her own shows to national audiences.  Her highly popular “Funny Women of the
Bible” series is thought-provoking without being offensive.  These solo shows
are prized entertainment for all types of groups and organizations.

Dice’s comedy monologue won first place at the IMTA convention in Los
Angeles and at two competitions in Ohio.  She was named a finalist on “Detroit’s
Fox2 News/Palace of Auburn Hills Comedy Competition” as well as “Ohio’s
Funniest,” “Akron’s Funniest Person,” “California’s Funniest Female” and “
The Next iBar Star St. Louis” competitions.

A contributor to many benefit shows for organizations such as the American
Cancer Society, Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, Akron Fraternal
Order of Police – just to name a few – Dice has also contributed jokes to Judy
Brown’s joke books She’s So Funny, Squeaky Clean Comedy, and The Comedy
Thesaurus.  She also helped put Cleveland in the Guinness Book of World Records
for the longest running comedy show at Hilarities 4th Street Theatre.

** PHOTOS available upon request

# # #