[NEohioPAL] Weathervane auditions for TWO shows!

Keith Campbell kcampbell at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Thu Oct 1 11:15:32 PDT 2009

AN AUDITIONS REMINDER FROM WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE!

Over the next two weeks, Weathervane Playhouse will hold AUDITIONS for TWO upcoming productions:

1) "The Great White Hope"

A drama by Howard Sackler

Directed by Terrence Spivey

A collaboration with Karamu House and Ensemble Theatre

~ Audition Dates: Sunday, Oct. 4 at 3 p.m. and Monday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m.

~ No advance appointments are required; just pick a day and show up at the scheduled time.

~ This production requires a LARGE, diverse cast of 15 women, 20 men, 10 boys and 5 girls.

~ Please prepare a contemporary dramatic monologue not longer than two minutes; please be familiar with the script.

Get the full scoop -- including a breakdown of all the characters, background information about the show, the playwright, the director, performance dates, etc -- by pointing and clicking to http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com/auditions.asp.

2) "Mrs. Bob Cratchit's Wild Christmas Binge"

A comedy by Christopher Durang

Directed by Eileen Moushey

~ Audition Dates: Monday, Oct. 12 at 7 p.m. and Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m.

~ No advance appointments are required; just pick a night and show up at the scheduled time.

~ This production requires a flexible and non-traditional ensemble of men, women, boys and girls.

~ Auditions will consist of readings from the script; please be familiar with the script.

Get additional information about this show -- including the audition scenes, performance dates, etc. -- right here: http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com/auditions.asp

Weathervane Playhouse
1301 Weathervane Lane
Akron, Ohio 44313
(330) 836-2626
www.weathervaneplayhouse.com

Weathervane Playhouse and its dedicated volunteers offer vital performing arts resources for the people of Northeastern Ohio. We create exciting and thought-provoking shows with impressive production values. Through educational programs and volunteer opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds, Weathervane serves the theater community, our patrons and our volunteers.
The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, education excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.