[NEohioPAL] North Canton Playhouse Weekly Newsletter October 12, 2009

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 12 09:48:21 PDT 2009

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
October 12, 2009

HELLO EVERYONE!!!   And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
NCP has been in the midst of Halloween for about a month now...rehearsals for Monster in the Closet, Night of the Living Dead, and Funeral for a Gangster....we are definitely overdosing!!!
Make sure you get down to see one, two or three of these productions...especially those Halloween Addicts!!
Monster in the Closet sold out this whole weekend....still another week to go, so call in your reservation NOW!!  330-494-1613
UPDATES ON SHOWS:

MONSTER IN THE CLOSET ..... One more weekend to go!!

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD .... opens Oct. 23 for two weekends, including a midnight show on Halloween night!

FUNERAL FOR A GANGSTER .....a murder mystery dinner at Fieldcrest on Halloween night (Oct. 3lst) at Fieldcrest Lodge (the old Hoover lodge).  The festivities start at 5:30, come on over to Ruby's Place and join in for a wake at her Speakeasy....her pop just kicked the bucket (he had help) while eating Moo Goo Gai Pan in a Chinese
restaurant.....Bummer!

Call the office for details or reservations....Brenton will help you!!

SHOWS IN REHEARSAL:

THE LITTLEST ANGEL.........hard at work

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST JR.........same....hard at work

NOTE:  some of our readers are e-mailing us to thank us for our update of weekly events at NCP...we would also appreciate notes or info from you and you and you IF you have news of anything or anyone involved at NCP.  So drop us a line or two.....
SPECIAL APPEAL:
We are always looking for Production Partners to help defray our expenses, which are huge!  Most of us are volunteers in community theatre.  As of now, we are still looking for a Partner for our beautiful production of The Littlest Angel.  A Production Partner receives free tickets, free food and free advertisement on all of our flyers, posters, newspaper articles and much more.
Please support the arts in North Canton....
Come down to one of our rehearsals or performances and you will see why!!
Update from Spotlight on Youth:
Spotlight on Youth is taking bookings for the 2009-2010 school year in Stark and Summit Counties.  Topics covered this year are: substance abuse, domestic violence, eating disorders, nutrition, animal rights.  Plays are geared for elementary through high school and all plays are funded. Anyone interested in obtaining a booking for a school, contact Era Lynn Tripp at 330-494-3423.
We have recently performed Last Night at the Stark Co. Multi Attention Center and Love Shouldn't Hurt at Faith United Methodist Church for the DAR amongst others.
ANNOUNCING THE 2008-2009 GEORGIE AWARD WINNERS!
Joseph Haladey III, Best Actor – “RENT”
Becca Monteleone, Best Actress – “The Laramie Project”
Alexx Culbertson, Best Actress – “RENT
Alex Garrard, Best Supporting Actor – “RENT”
Danielle Dorfman, Best Supporting Actress – “RENT”
Chris Saling, Notable Actor – “The Laramie Project”
Ted Paynter, Notable Actor – “Jingles of Christmas Past”
Trisha Lukens, Notable Actress – “RENT”
Mike Noble, Best Male Vocalist – “Elvis Numbers” from “Jingles of Christmas Past”
Joseph Haladey III, Best Male Vocalist – “I’ll Cover You Reprise” from “RENT”
Danielle Dorfman and Shamara Costa, Best Female Vocalists “Take Me or Leave Me” from “RENT”
Jeremy Clarke, Best Youth Actor – “Thoroughly Modern Millie”
Hannah Shepler, Best Youth Actress – “Thoroughly Modern Millie”
Anthony Gonzalez, Best Youth Supporting Actor – “Disney’s Mulan Jr.”
Andy Shreve, Best Youth Supporting Actor – “Thoroughly Modern Millie”
Clint Owens, Best Youth Supporting Actor – “Godspell Junior”
Sarah Jane Toy, Best Youth Supporting Actress – “Thoroughly Modern Millie”
Brian Warner, Youth Notable Actor – “Disney’s Mulan Jr.”
Chelsea Roden, Youth Notable Actress – “Thoroughly Modern Millie”
Brian Bruno, Best Youth Male Vocalist – “Alas for You” from “Godspell”
Hannah Shepler, Best Youth Female Vocalist – “Gimme Gimme” from “Thoroughly Modern Millie”
Salem Community Theatre, Betty Madajewski and Faith Furno, Best Costumes – “Disney’s Mulan Jr.”
Best Lighting and Sound – “RENT”
Ted Paynter, Best Set – “Night of the Living Dead”
Best Ensemble – “The Laramie Project”
Brenton Cochran, Best Director – “Thoroughly Modern Millie Jr.”
Best Production – “RENT”
Thespian of the Year Award – Jeremy Clarke
Ovation Award – Delorna and Neil Toy
Honorary Lifetime Member – Lois Garmey
Last but not least::
CALLING ALL GIRL SCOUTS!!  THE LITTLEST ANGEL WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU!!
The NCP is bringing back its traditional production this year, which was a staple in the community for over 20 years...through the hilarious trials and tribulations, the mischievous"Littlest Angel" learns the timeless lesson of giving, a lesson that has long endured as the true spirit of Christmas.
NCP is offering a special performance for the Girl Scouts:
WHEN:  Sunday, December 6 at 4:00 pm.
WHAT:  See the production (approx. 45 min. in length).  Enjoy a special visit from Santa Claus, a special "Meet and Greet the Cast", where the Girl Scouts can meet and talk with the cast, tour the backstage area, have punch and cookies,  and face painting will be offered for $l each.
COST:  special group rate of $7.00 each ($l off regular ticket price)
WHERE: at NCP Mainstage.

BE SURE TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE....IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!
www.northcantonplayhouse.com

Keep the Arts in your prayers!!!

Brenton Cochran, Office Manager

Mary McManaway, Artistic Director