[NEohioPAL] Community Forum @ Dobama this Sunday, Oct. 18

Dan Kilbane angstcleveland at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 11:25:14 PDT 2009

                                                            www.dobama.org

Community
Forum at Dobama Theatre

Sunday, October 18, 2009,
4:45 p.m.

in conjunction with the
World Premiere Play

10
More Minutes From Cleveland

at
Dobama’s New Home on Lee Road in Cleveland Heights

September 22, 2009 – Join Dobama Theatre for a Community Forum on Sunday, October
18, 2009, following the 2:30 p.m. performance of 10
More Minutes From Cleveland.    Sponsored in
part by a generous grant from Cuyahoga Arts and Culture, Dobama has partnered
with The Cleveland Leadership Center and the Cleveland Heights/University
Heights Library to present a discussion that tackles the question “Where does
Cleveland go from here?”

Through the play’s ten scenes, we
are asked, what do we need to carry with us and what do we need to leave
behind?  What is weighing us down,
and what is keeping us from leaping forward?  The issues of regionalism, brain drain and a declining
manufacturing base are at the heart of these questions.  Hopefully through the play’s laughter,
we can begin to explore the serious challenges we all face.  A moderator and panelists will lead us
through the discussions.

The Forum will begin at approximately 4:45 in the new Dobama
Theatre at 2340 Lee Road, Cleveland Heights.  We encourage patrons to purchase a ticket to the 2:30 p.m.
performance.  Those interested in
just attending the Forum can do so free-of-charge, and should plan on arriving
at 4:35 p.m.

The world premiere play 10 More Minutes From Cleveland,
written by Eric Coble, ushers in a new era for Dobama
Theatre and marks the beginning of the theatre‘s 50th anniversary
season.  Season subscriptions are
available.  Single tickets are $10
- $22, and can be purchased by calling 216.932.3396 or online at dobama.org.  Dobama’s new home is located at 2340
Lee Road, Cleveland Hts., Ohio, 44118.

Dobama opens its 50th season in the newly
renovated theatre in the Heights Library Arts Building.  After four years on the road, Dobama
returns home to Cleveland Heights. and kicks up the number of productions from four
to five with the theme Live Theatre.
Zoom In On It.  Rounding out the season is the 32nd year of the
Marilyn Bianchi Kids’ Playwriting Festival, plays written by children in grades
1-12.  Special events for the
season include a staged reading of See Rock City on
November 23,  presented by
Baldwin-Wallace College, and a New Year’s Eve party with Dobama during the run
of Gutenberg! The Musical.

Generous
support for this production comes from Cuyagoga Arts and Culture, The Ohio Arts
Council, The George Gund Foundation, The Robert D. Hill Foundation, The Roe
Green Foundation, and The Cleveland Foundation.