[NEohioPAL] Important information regarding Candlelight Walk

info at mainstreetmedina.com info at mainstreetmedina.com
Wed Oct 28 11:19:18 PDT 2009

Good afternoon Main Street Medina supporters-

Friday, October 30th, is the deadline to pledge/pay for a sponsorship for
the 25th Candlelight Walk, November 20-22, 2009. This event has become the
much-loved kick off to the holiday season in Medina, and 2009 is its SILVER
ANNIVERSARY!

Today, I'm writing to say that the economy is hurting everyone, and we are
unfortunately very low on sponsorship dollars. We've had to cut back on
entertainment, advertising & marketing, and other affiliated events.

Your sponsorship directly supports the Candlelight Walk. Main Street Medina
does not make a profit on this or most of what we do. It's simply money in,
money right back out-invested back into and for our community. I guess the
best thing to say is that, yes, it's a sponsorship fee, but it's also an
investment in the historic district AND the community. Even if your business
is not located within the historic district, think how many people drive
into town on Routes 3, 18, 42, and 57. They are noticing what is in and
around town, and they're making a conscious choice to come to Medina.

In a small way, sponsorships also support the organization to work as a
whole to preserve and promote the historic district as the center of our
community, the heart of Medina. Main Street Medina, with now almost two
years under our collective belts, is respected as a voice and champion for
downtown and for shopping local/independent businesses. We coordinate
special events to bring people to the square and district as well as
retail-specific events. We act as a resource to the City on opportunities
such as the new parking deck, wayfinding signage, plants/trees, and other
public improvements.

Please consider how you can help support the 25th Candlelight Walk. Business
sponsorships begin at $225, and go up to $500, $1,000, $2,000, and $3,000
(lead sponsor)

MSM business members may deduct 10% from the above listed levels.

We will also accept personal/private Patron donations of any amount. We take
cash, check, or credit cards. (any donations under $225 will not be
mentioned in the program due to lack of space)

Thank you in advance for your consideration. I hope to see you all at the
25th Candlelight Walk and other Main Street Medina events in the near
future.

Matt Wiederhold, executive director

Main Street Medina

5 Public Square

Medina, OH 44256

330-952-0910

info at mainstreetmedina.com  www.mainstreetmedina.com

Upcoming event: St. Petersburg String Quartet, Saturday, November 7th, 8pm
at Broadway Street Hall