[NEohioPAL] The Confused Greenies: a Patchwork Players Introduction

Jess Rudolph jrr10 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Nov 11 12:33:13 PST 2009

Buon Giorno to all you zany theatre people in Northeast Ohio!

A Patchwork Players greeting from The Confused
Greenies (also known as i Verdi Confusi in our
bad Italian)!  We are a masked improvisational
comedy troupe that focuses on commedia dell'arte
(both Renaissance and modern) and we also dabble
in farcical Japanese kyogen, stilt dancing,
general foolery, and soon to delve into the mad world of puppetry.

We wouldn't be a properly pompous commedia troupe
if we didn't too our own bulb horn! We are
nearing the end of our most successful season yet
with our 27th performance this year coming up
this Saturday! This by far exceeds our prior total of.... 8 last year.

We began with inspiration and training from great
commedia troupes such as i Sebastani and i
Scandali and we have a foundation as both a
student group at <http://www.case.edu/>Case
Western Reserve University and the local chapters
of the <http://www.sca.org/>Society for Creative
Anachronism.  Now we are also a community troupe
and looking to expand.  Though we do dell'arte
we're non-professionals - that means we don't get
paid! - but we have a lot of fun and get to play
in a theatrical form not seen as often today as
it should.  And possibly our greatest claim is
opening the stage for many who before us would
have declared they'd never act, they couldn't,
they wouldn't, and yet they now do - it's amazing
how lack of memorizing dialogue and hiding behind a character mask can help!

We are always auditioning new fools to join our
patchwork company and welcome any to come laugh
at our pratfalls.  We've done numerous
performances at CWRU and in the SCA but also for
private parties, conventions, and large community
events.  The improvisational nature of the art
lets us tailor new shows for new audiences, venues, and patrons.

So please take a perusal of our
<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/>website,
email us at
<mailto:lazzi at case.edu>lazzi at case.edu, or venture
out to one of our many shows and have more zany
fun than you can shake a slapstick at!

foolishly yours,
Jess

Jess Rudolph (Niccolò Bartolazzi), Capocomico of
the Patchwork Players Productions:
The Confused Greenies - the Greatest, Loudest,
and Most Pompous Commedia dell'Arte troupe at Case Western Reserve University
i Verdi Confusi - the Greatest of the Newest
Commedia dell'Arte troupe in Northern Oaken of the Midrealm

http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/

-a hungry, hapless, and hopeful harlequin