[NEohioPAL] School of the Arts Community Event "A Night of Jazz"

Donnell Hodges remingtondreams at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:46:01 PST 2009

Our Children.  Our Community.  Our Future.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:
Donnell Hodges
216.214.6383

November 17, 2009

 Cleveland School Of The Arts Is Hosting A Community Event Featuring Ensembles From The School Of The Arts And Councilman Kevin Conwell & The Footprints Band

Cleveland (OH) – Cleveland School of the Arts will host A Night of Jazz, a community event, featuring performances by Cleveland School of the Arts (CSA) students and a special performance by Ward 9 Councilman Kevin Conwell & The Footprints Band Thursday, November 19, 2009 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at the Cleveland School of the Arts @ Harry E. Davis at 10700 Churchill Ave. in Cleveland.

In addition, the CSA Urban Dance Collective, under the direction of Terence Greene, will perform and Dr. William B. Woods, choir director, will lead the CSA Intermediate JazzArt Ensemble in a number entitled “Centerpiece”.  The R. Dett Nathaniel JazzArt Ensemble will perform Fats Waller’s “Lounging at the Waldorf” and “Ain’t Misbehavin” also under the direction of Dr. Woods.

CSA Senior Castille Guy, one of Dr. Snyder’s creative writing students, will deliver a poem entitled “Do You’.  A special performance by the CSA Jazz Quartet, a collection of CSA students, will also fill the bill.

“The event is designed to let the community know we’re here”, says Dr. Barbara E. Walton, principal of CSA, “and they are more than welcome to visit and support our students.”

The CSA School Parent Organization (SPO) and the CSA family liaison will be available to entertain any questions regarding parent involvement and family and community engagement.

# # #

The primary goal of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District is to become a premier school district in the United States of America.

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me