[NEohioPAL] Parma Heights Puppet Company’s trip to Iran has been canceled

Nutty the Squirrel Nutty at thenaturalbridges.com
Wed Nov 25 07:43:40 PST 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact:  Kirk L Maynard
1-888-866-4877 /  KirkMaynard at thenaturalbridges.com

Parma Heights Puppet Company’s trip to Iran has been canceled

Natural Bridges Puppet Production Company, which was chosen to perform
their comedy show “NBTV PRESENTS” Nutty & Friends at the 11th Iran
International Student Puppet Theatre Festival in Tehran, Iran from
November 28 to December 05, 2009, announces that their participation in
the festival has been canceled, mainly due to the inability to obtain visa
approval in time for the trip.

“When Natural Bridges PPC was chosen to participate in this festival back
on October 09th, we were really honored,” says Kirk Maynard, President &
CEO of the company.  “This festival was going to be something special for
us to participate in, especially with my number one mission in life to
entertain people and to make them laugh, and with the current tensions
between the United States and Iran, this could have been a way to help
ease tensions.”  Despite the fact that the company did not receive any
corporate sponsorships for this trip, the NBTV Team of five people were
willing to pay for their own flights, but they could not purchase their
tickets until they had visa approval from Iran.  Several weeks had passed
and still no word on the visas, and because of this delay, Kirk Maynard
had to let several team members go.  By November 20th, the team of five
was now down to just Kirk, and then on November 23rd, the trip was
officially canceled.  The festival told Kirk to cancel coming because it
would be a few more days before they had any word on the visa, and it was
now just too late.

“This would have been a great opportunity not only for Natural Bridges
PPC, but for the City of Parma Heights, the State of Ohio, and the United
States, and Natural Bridges PPC was hoping to change their status from
unofficial goodwill ambassadors to official goodwill ambassadors,” says
Kirk Maynard.

There is however a bright side to this whole situation; Natural Bridges
PPC may still be going to Iran sometime in the next year.  A special tour
might be arranged to bring the NB Puppets to Iran to perform their comedy
show “NBTV PRESENTS” Nutty & Friends at various universities and schools
throughout Iran.  In addition to performing, the NBTV Team, which will be
comprised of two to three people, will also be teaching Iranian students
and people about puppetry and ventriloquism.  “When one door closes,
another door opens,” says Kirk Maynard.  “My mission in life is to
entertain people, and it’s not about countries, governments or boundaries;
it’s about people and making them laugh, no matter where they are, and
provided we can obtain our visas and get some corporate sponsorship, this
great tour will happen.”

For more information on Natural Bridges PPC and the NBTV Team, including
video clips and pictures, please visit them on-line at:  www.MyNBTV.com

Puppetly,

Kirk L. Maynard
President & Puppet Director
Natural Bridges Puppet Production Company
PO Box 30688
Parma Heights, Ohio 44130
Business Line:     1-888-866-4877
http://www.thenaturalbridges.com
http://www.MyNBTV.com

To purchase some great NB products:
http://www.cafepress.com/NBPuppets

To see some NB videos/other NB info:
http://www.myspace.com/nbpuppets
http://www.youtube.com/NaturalBridgesLLC

Our #1 goal: "To bring joy and laughter to the world."

Natural Bridges Puppet Production Company is a full-service, professional
company that specializes in using the NB Puppets for Commercials,
Live-Stage Shows, and NBTV.