[NEohioPAL] New Contemporary a cappella group is looking for members! Auditions Jan 11th!

Bryan Guffey bguffey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 05:05:36 PST 2009

Heard of the House Jacks? Think Straight No Chaser is super slick? Do you
know who VoiceMale, the Beelzebubs, Out of the Blue, Off the Beat or
Rockapella are? Do you love making sick harmonies with other guys, and
ripping the face off contemporary pop/rock/R&B/etc. songs?

If so, this ad should be right up your alley.

VocalFISSION, a new contemporary a cappella group in the Cleveland area, is
auditioning singers for its group.

The group, headed by Music Director Bryan Guffey, is a group whose roots
will be based in solid singing, inventive arrangements and soulful
interpretation of both classic songs as well as original music. The group
will be all-male and sit in size between 10-14 members.

What we're looking for:

1. Men who can sing. I'm talking about knock your socks off, raise the roof
singing. Whatever genre you do, we want to hear you do it better than anyone
else in northeast Ohio.

2. Guys who understand group singing. It's awesome if you can rock our faces
off with a brilliant solo and make us want to fall over in amazement, but if
you can't then step back and be part of a group, you won't do anyone any
good. Group singing is the heart of this group, and a person with a strong
send of blend, intonation, and ensemble work will go far with us.

3. Guys who know music. This is two fold. We are looking for guys who not
only understand music and the way it's built, in terms of singing and
knowing where your part fits, but also those who write and arrange music. In
the spirit of wanting our group to have inventive arrangements and original
music, those who can create get a leg up.

4. Guys who can commit. Now, this isn't your full-time job. However, this is
something we hope to make a little money at, and we expect if you say you're
going to be somewhere, you'll be there, ready to go. We want people who are
passionate about singing, and when they are with us, they are 100% present.

5. Guys who have some a cappella experience. This one is almost a bonus, but
it helps if you know what we're doing without us having to teach you from
scratch. Of course, if you rock, it won't matter. Aca-experience is like the
sprinkles on a really good cookie. It makes it that much better, but you
wouldn't eat the cookie just for the sprinkles.

BUT MOST OF ALL,

5. Guys who know how to have fun. Sure, it's gonna be a lot of work.
Definitely, it'll be intense at times. It'll be hard work, but fun work.
Great, Bill Cosby meets Steve Martin and Robin Williams having a food fight
with Eddie Izzard fun. We wouldn't do this if when we were singing we didn't
think a cappella was the greets thing since sliced bread, but we do.
Therefore, FUN is essential!

If you think you fit this profile, and are between the ages of 18-whatever,
then shoot us an email at vocalfission at gmail.com. We're having auditions on
January 11th, from 6pm to 9pm. Let us know your availability, musical
background, and what interests you about this opportunity!

Can't wait to hear from you!

Bryan Guffey
Music Director
VocalFISSION