[NEohioPAL] Rave Reviews of DOBAMA'S GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL!

dianne boduszek dianne at boduszek.com
Thu Dec 10 07:16:44 PST 2009

DOBAMA Theatre presents
GUTENBERG!  THE MUSICAL!
By Scott Brown and Anthony King
Thru Jan. 2

Check out what the critics said!

³See it. See it now, and maybe see it often.²
Brian Thornton, Spangle Magazine

³Best of all, it unequivocally lives up to its two exclamation points.²
Keith A. Joseph, Scene Magazine

³And when it's all over, about 100 minutes after it commences, we're weak
with laughter and experience a rare feeling in musical-theater undertakings:
We're not ready to say goodbye to good old Gutenberg.²
Tony Brown, The Plain Dealer

Directed by Marc Moritz
Musical Direction by Brad Wyner

Featuring:
Dane Castle and Chris Richards

And if you DO want to see it again, and again,
receive a $5 discount with your ticket stub.
BRING TWO FRIENDS AND YOUR TICKET IS FREE!

Saturday, December 12, 8:00 performance
Enjoy a post-show talk-back with the director, music director and actors.
AND, from NYC, the women who travel the country in search of GUTENBERG! THE
MUSICAL! productions.
Enjoy conversation with two women who have seen GUTENBERG productions from
the west to the east coast.  Check out their website @
www.gutenbergstravels.com

2 Men, 1 Piano, 30 Characters, more hats than My Fair Lady...
and 1 massively misguided dream!
No, it¹s not a musical about Steve Gutenberg of Cocoon fame.  Yes, it is
about that guy who invented the Printing Press,
but minus the boring historical stuff!
It¹s a zany romp with Bud and Doug as they play all the parts
and sing all the songs in hope that YOU will be the Broadway producer who
will make their dreams come true.
Winner of the 2006 New York Theatre Festival Award for Excellence in Musical
Theatre Writing.

Production dates:

Thu 12/10, 7:30 pm
Fri   12/11, 8:00 pm
Sat   12/12, 8:00 pm
Sun  12/13, 2:30 pm

Thu 12/17, 7:30 pm
Fri   12/18, 8:00 pm
Sat   12/19, 8:00 pm
Sun  12/20, 2:30 pm

Tue  12/22, 7:30 pm
Wed  12/23, 7:30 pm
Sat    12/26, 8:00 pm
Sun   12/27, 2:30 pm

Thu  12/31, 5:30 pm
Thu  12/31, 8:00 pm New Year¹s Eve Bash (tickets $50)
Fri   1/1, 8:00 pm
Sat   1/2, 8:00 pm

For ticket information, please call the box office at
(216) 932-3396, or go to www.dobama.org <http://www.dobama.org> .
Ticket prices:  $10 - $22
Flat student rate: $10

Dobama Theatre, 2340 Lee Road, Cleveland Hts.
Located across from the CH/UH Library. Free parking.