[NEohioPAL] Hats off to Pierre Brault for winning a Bob Abelman honor

Christopher Fortunato learnedhand at live.com
Fri Dec 18 13:10:27 PST 2009

 I am always happy to be in a Pierre Brault production where the standards of quality are so high.  Me and My Girl was a pleasure to perform.

Congratulations to Pierre and on his birthday, too!

Best Director of a Comedy or MusicalMe and My Gir” is set in England, where a family of snooty aristocrats discovers that the legitimate heir to the title of Earl of Hareford is a smooth-talking cockney hustler.  To bring this old chestnut of a musical to life and counterbalance some of its more (and many) monotonous moments, Mercury Theater director-choreographer Pierre-Jacques Brault had his cast and crew buy into a mindset of controlled lunacy, as if the atmosphere was saturated with nitrous oxide.  The production, which resembled a Marx Brothers film, earned very high Marx.