[NEohioPAL] CPT Announces Request for Projects

Mindy Herman MHerman at cptonline.org
Wed Dec 23 09:04:17 PST 2009

CPT Executive Artistic Director Raymond Bobgan is beginning to put
together the 2010-2011 season and is looking for strong, creative
projects. Artists who have a project that fits CPT and what we are all
about are encouraged to submit materials.

Submission Guidelines

Send an email with the following attachments:

*         A one page description of what you want to do, and why you
feel it's right for CPT

*         A brief list of potential collaborators

*         A one page resume or bio

*         A copy of the script (if applicable)

A few things to keep in mind:

*         We don't want to duplicate the work of other theatres, so
please send projects that would be unique to CPT (that being said, we
are interested in co-producing as well)

*         Please check out our current and past seasons at
www.cptonline.org <http://www.cptonline.org/>  to get a sense of what we
do: new plays, adventurous aesthetics, radical interpretations of
classics, issue plays, and stuff that really sticks with audiences

Next season we are considering initiating a new series, which will be a
co-production series for new works that are ready for a full three week
run. These would be presented in the Storefront Studio. Proposals that
fit this criteria will also be considered for this series.

Please limit your proposal to the above guidelines. Also please don't be
offended by a standard response email if we don't choose your project,
and keep in mind that we do not comment on why projects are not
selected.

So, if you have a great idea, please get it to us as soon as you can,
but no later than February 1st.

Please send email proposals to Beth Wood at bwood at cptonline.org. If you
want to send it via mail, please send to:

Cleveland Public Theatre

ATTN 10-11 SEASON

6415 Detroit Ave.

Cleveland, OH 44102

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: Many people may be proposing projects, and we are
doing our own searching here, so it's possible that you may propose a
script that is already under consideration from another source.

Mindy Herman

Communications Director

Cleveland Public Theatre

6415 Detroit Ave.