[NEohioPAL] Exciting news from OCA Cleveland Chapter for 2010!

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Wed Dec 23 08:36:10 PST 2009

Dearest OCA Members and Friends,

Once again it is the end of the year, we hope you are enjoying this
wonderful holiday season and we wish you and your family and friends a great
journey together toward 2010!

In 2009, OCA Cleveland started its outreach initiative - OCA Image TV, a 30
minutes television programming that feature our Asian community in Northeast
Ohio with episodes about how we celebrate Lunar New Year, the different
celebration of Asian weddings, the health and wellness within the Asian
families and finally the AsiaTown Neighborhood Tour.

Although we have only produced 4 episodes so far, it has received an
overwhelmed positive feedback, with supports and grants from our community
and Neighborhood Connections, the episodes aired on Time Warner TV20 to
800,000 households daily and it is available on iTunes to subscribe as free
podcast download. It garnered OCA National's attentions (appearing numerous
times in OCA Image Magazine) and about 300+ copies were distributed at the
2009 OCA National Convention. I would like to take this time to thank the
production members and friends that helped made the TV project a success. We
planned to continue other episodes in 2010 and hopefully you can be part of
our project and help us get it on local channels like Channel 3 or Channel
5! Sponsorship and advertising is available. Watch it online also at OCA
Website at  <http://www.ocagc.org> http://www.ocagc.org

The success of OCA Image TV brought us the opportunity of bringing all our
Asian Pacific community together. During past few months, we've been
discussing an idea that many of us have thought of for many years - our own
Cleveland Asian Festival!

Cleveland Asian Festival is a collaborative effort of all the different
Asian ethnic groups joining our resources to make it happen, for the first
ever festival, we've set the date to be Saturday May 22, 2010 starting from
11am until 8pm at Asia Plaza's area (Payne Avenue and East 30th Street) of
our AsiaTown Neighborhood.

The goal of this festival is to foster the identity of the AsiaTown
neighborhood, educating and promoting Asian Pacific culture and traditions,
and to celebrate Asian Heritage Month.

This festival will feature food and merchandise vendors, local and national
performing artists, a children's activities area, games, competition,
martial arts demonstrations and a health fair that focuses on diseases and
medical conditions that affect Asians Pacific families.

We believe that with the volunteerism and participation of many diverse and
ethnic groups including: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino, Indian,
Vietnamese, Laotians, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai, and many others in
addition to committed organizations such the International Community
Council, International Service Center, Federation of Indian Associations,
Vietnamese Community of Greater Cleveland, MotivAsians for Cleveland, Asian
Services in Action, Cleveland Contemporary Chinese Culture Association,
Cleveland Chinese Women Association, Korean American Association, Japanese
Americans Citizens League, Chinese Benevolent Association, Filipino
Associations, Friendship Foundation, St. Clair Superior Development Corp.,
Asia Plaza Inc., Asia Town Neighborhood Merchant organizations, and others,
2010 Cleveland Asian Festival will be the a start of an exciting future for
our generations to enjoy.

We hope many of you will embrace our first festival, if you are interested
in sponsorship, donations, vendor booths, or even to volunteer your time,
please do not hesitate to contact us. Or you can visit the Cleveland Asian
Festival's wevsite at  <http://www.ClevelandAsianFestival.org>
http://www.ClevelandAsianFestival.org

Lastly, OCA Cleveland Chapter needs you! Please become a member or renew
your membership before April 2010, it would help us immensely! Membership
application can be downloaded at  <http://www.ocagc.org>
http://www.ocagc.org

See you in 2010!

Johnny Wu
216.539.4634
President
OCA-Cleveland Chapter
"Embracing the Hopes and Aspirations of Asian Pacific  Americans" and OCA
Image TV Magazine on iTunes
www.ocagc.org