[NEohioPAL] Firestone HS in need of Rehearsal Accompanist / Vocal Coach for SWEENEY TODD

firestonetheatre at gmail.com firestonetheatre at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 05:43:04 PST 2010

Firestone High School has an immediate need to hire a *Rehearsal Accompanist
/ Vocal Coach* for their upcoming production of *Sweeney Todd: The Demon
Barber of Fleet Street*. Rehearsals have already begun and we need a
talented, creative, and dedicated individual who wants to be a vital part of
a fantastic production at a highly successful school. We have worked hard
over the years to set standards of theatrical excellence and we want you to
now be part of that mission.

I have provided the details below. Inquiries can be e-mailed to
FirestoneTheatre at gmail.com

--
Mark A. Zimmerman,
Theatre Director

Harvey S. Firestone High School
333 Rampart Avenue
Akron, Ohio 44313

330.873.3408
www.FirestoneTheatre.com <http://www.firestonetheatre.com/>

*Position*: Rehearsal Accompanist / Vocal Coach

*Production*: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

*Venue*:  Firestone High School in Akron, Ohio

*Production Dates*: March 24 (7:00 p.m.), March 25 (7:30 p.m.), March 26
(7:30 p.m.) and March 27 (2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.)

*Production Team*: Mark A. Zimmerman (director/lighting designer), Rachel
Galombos (Choreographer), Dr. David Spondike (orchestra director/conductor),
Sally Schneider (Vocal Director), Daniel H. Taylor (Set and Sound), Randie
O. Sass (costumer), Erin Bennett (Make-up and Hair Designer).

*Rehearsals*: Mostly Monday through Thursday, 3:35 to 6:15 p.m. ( a more
complete schedule is available to serious applicants)

*Responsibilities*:

1.  Collaborate with full-time music faculty member with teaching of vocal
music to cast (starting immediately or as soon as possible)

2.  Work directly with leads and ensemble to polish vocal performance

3.  Accompany all running, dress, and technical rehearsals (starting app.
March 1)

4.  Conduct vocal warm-up as part of daily rehearsals

5.  Undertake maintenance of vocal performance as regular part of rehearsal

6.  Monitor and correct vocal technique to assure safety

7.  Possess excellent keyboard skills

8.  Play reduced score on piano as part of a mostly student-populated
orchestra pit

9.  Set and maintain high standards for student performance

10. Collaborate with creative team to exceed expectations for a high school
production

11. Maintain open line of communication with creative team

*Notes on Firestone High School Theatre*

            Firestone High School has long presented some of the finest
student productions in Northeast Ohio. Thousands of talented actors and
directors have passed through our doors over the years and now many of them
have gone on to other very successful professional theatrical careers. Many
Firestone grads are working on Broadway, in films, and on television, as
well as in other professional venues in cities such as New York, Chicago,
and Los Angeles, among many others.

            Firestone has more recently become the home of the high school
component of the district’s nationally recognized Visual and Performing Arts
Program. Students from throughout the area make a daily trek to west Akron
to take advantage of our arts curriculum. Students select from five
successful programs: choral music, dance, instrumental music, fine art, and
theatre. Each program is intensive and designed for the serious student who
is intent on pursuing a career in the arts.

            Firestone Theatre is the play production component of this
program and features a full season of plays and musicals. We provide
students with the opportunity to appear on stage and contribute to the
creative process via a backstage or technical role. Firestone students are
not just actors but also designers, technicians; our students design sound,
lights, scenery, props, ad many other aspects of production.  Students run
the equipment, pull props, play an instrument for the musical pit, focus
lights, sell tickets, and record sound effects as well as build, paint, and
move scenery.