[NEohioPAL] CPT Announces Request for Projects for 2010-2011 season

Mindy Herman MHerman at cptonline.org
Wed Jan 13 14:11:38 PST 2010

CPT Executive Artistic Director Raymond Bobgan is beginning to put together the 2010-2011 season and is looking for strong, creative projects. Artists who have a project that fits CPT and what we are all about are encouraged to submit materials.

Submission Guidelines

Send an email with the following attachments:

*         A one page description of what you want to do, and why you feel it's right for CPT

*         A brief list of potential collaborators

*         A one page resume or bio

*         A copy of the script (if applicable)

A few things to keep in mind:

*         We don't want to duplicate the work of other theatres, so please send projects that would be unique to CPT (that being said, we are interested in co-producing as well)

*         Please check out our current and past seasons at www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org/> to get a sense of what we do: new plays, adventurous aesthetics, radical interpretations of classics, issue plays, and stuff that really sticks with audiences

Next season we are considering initiating a new series, which will be a co-production series for new works that are ready for a full three week run. These would be presented in the Storefront Studio. Proposals that fit this criteria will also be considered for this series.

Please limit your proposal to the above guidelines. Also please don't be offended by a standard response email if we don't choose your project, and keep in mind that we do not comment on why projects are not selected.

So, if you have a great idea, please get it to us as soon as you can, but no later than February 1st.

PLEASE NOTE: If you sent in a proposal already and have not yet heard back from Beth Wood, please resend it! CPT has been experiencing some IT difficulties and your proposal may have been lost in cyberspace!

Please send email proposals to Beth Wood at bwood at cptonline.org<mailto:bwood at cptonline.org>. If you want to send it via mail, please send to:

Cleveland Public Theatre
ATTN 10-11 SEASON
6415 Detroit Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44102

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: Many people may be proposing projects, and we are doing our own searching here, so it's possible that you may propose a script that is already under consideration from another source.

Mindy Herman
Communications Director
Cleveland Public Theatre
6415 Detroit Ave.