[NEohioPAL] Review of "Forbidden Broadway" at the Ashtabula Arts Center by Ellen Kolman

Pamela Hammond aac at ashartscenter.org
Fri Jan 22 07:13:15 PST 2010

"ART CENTER SHOW IS A MUST SEE"

By Ellen Kolman

Last week, if loyal readers remember, I talked about beating the January
blahs. One suggestion I made was to go see an Ashtabula Art Center
production. Well, I took my own advise and hubby and I went to see
"Forbidden Broadway" last weekend. I have to tell you I NEVER stopped
laughing! Let¹s back up, "Forbidden Broadway" is a nonstop musical/dance
parody or spoof on many famous Broadway shows including: "Chicago," "Annie,"
"Hello Dolly!" "Wicked," "Les Miserables," "Cats" and much more. The show is
directed and choreographed by Kimberly Godfrey, and I have to tell you this
show was so well rehearsed and well directed that every cast member seemed
comfortable, confident, and ³sparked² with energy in their roles. The cast
was of a variety of ages from teens to adults who meshed together perfectly
so it was clear to the audience that every cast member was talented, and had
many moments of their own to shine throughout the evening. Here is another
hint: I have not seen most of the shows they were spoofing, but they were
still hilarious. My personal favorites were "Annie," "Les Miserables" and
"Liza Minnelli," these were nothing short of brilliant! Shows remaining are
Jan. 22, 23, 24, 29 and 30th. Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2
p.m. Call the Ashtabula Arts Center at 440-964-3396.

Pamela Hammond
Public Relations/Marketing Coordinator
Ashtabula Arts Center
Phone/Fax: 440.964.3396