[NEohioPAL] Miles Stroth Improv Workshop

Deena Nyer Mendlowitz denm18 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 18:29:36 PST 2010

trying to organize an improv Workshop with Miles Stroth (bio below). He is an actor/ improviser. Kim has taken a class with him in the past....well worth it.

Thing is this is coming together on short notice. The workshop would be this Wednesday in Detroit. We can use my mini van and drive together. We are looking for 6-7 people who would be interested so i can make arrangements with Miles.

If this is something you are interested in... call me or email ASAP
Deena's number- 1440 840 3546

Miles Bio

Miles began his study of improvisation back in the Fall of 1989, auditioning for, and being accepted by the famed Second City Theater in Chicago. Two years and a t-shirt later(you get a t-shirt when you finish the Second City program), Miles began his study of improvisation for real when he started taking classes with Charna Halpern and Del Close at the then ImprovOlympic, now IO in Chicago. Miles has been associated with the IO, teaching, performing, directing, ever since.

Miles was a member of the seminal improv team The Family, whose members included Adam Mckay, Matt Besser, Ian Roberts, Niel Flynn and Ali Faranahkian. The Family, directed by Del Close, created and introduced into the improv world The Deconstruction and The Movie forms. Miles had the privilege of working with the late Del Close for eight years. Del saw the improv community as a tribe with himself as the Mojo Man and referred to Miles as his Warchief.

Miles has performed in well over 1000 long-form shows and has created or had a hand in creating many of the long-forms that play around the country today. Among them, The Armando, The Deconstruction, The Movie, The Lerand and Two-Person Long-Form. Among the improv shows, Three Mad Rituals, Dynamite Fun Nest, The Armando Diaz Theatrical Experience, Movement and Hootenanny, Zumpf, Assscat, Heather and Miles and Mud. Theatrical credits include, The Eight Reindeer Monologues, Hamlet! The Musical and Little with The Actors Gang in Los Angeles. Miles was the national touring alternate for Robert Dubac’s one man show, The Male Intellect: an oxymoron. Miles has appeared on Comedy Central’s Crossballs and RENO 911

www.fwbIMPROV.com