[NEohioPAL] Join the Traveling Bird Circus and Galimoto Parade at Beck Center

Fran Storch fstorch at beckcenter.org
Tue Feb 23 09:36:59 PST 2010

Join the Beck Center for the Arts

as we again proudly

Parade the Circle

June 12, 2010 at 12:00 noon

FAMILY WORKSHOPS:

The Beck Center for the Arts will offer a series of workshops for families and friends of the Beck Center community who will help us create our entry for Parade the Circle 2010. This year's Beck Center theme is "The Traveling Bird Circus and Galimoto Parade".

What IS a galimoto? A galimoto is a type of intricate push toy made by children out of old wire, sticks, and other recycled odds and ends that are shaped into animals, cars, bicycles, etc.

Come join us and create your very own! The workshops will focus on creating fanciful bird heads, body wings and costumes using  recycled materials, paper maché techniques and paint. Please join our visual arts staff in creating unique works of art and sharing them with the community at both Parade the Circle and the Lakewood 4th of July Parade.

Cost:

$16 per person (includes $6 fee for a parade button)

Workshop Schedule:

Sundays, 3:30 to 5:30 pm (these are ongoing work sessions)

March 7 & 21

April 11 & 18 (we will be creating galimotos during these workshops)

May 2, 9, 16 & 23

Parade Organization Day:

June 6, 3:30 to 5:30 pm.

All workshops are held at the Beck Center, 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood.

To register for the parade workshops,

call the Beck Center at 216.521.2540 x10.

For more information, contact Susan Gallagher at 216.521.2540 x13 or email at sgallagher at beckcenter.org.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.  Please use the contact information above.  Thank you.

Posted by:

Fran Storch

Beck Center for the Arts

Publications Manager