[NEohioPAL] NEED CREW / WILL TRAIN: 16mm Color & Sync Sound CSU Short Film Mar 5-9

Jennifer Overstreet jennifer_writes at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 10:49:52 PST 2010

Looking for crew; WILL TRAIN!!

10 minute CSU student film to be shot in the Cleveland/Lakewood area on 16mm color negative film with sync sound March 5th thru March 9th (evenings and weekends).

Synopsis: Two pranksters are fed up with the extreme political views of a casual acquaintance and decide to test her committment.

This is a Cleveland State University student film with no budget for compensation.

Crew WILL receive credit in the film, experience/training with a good crew, and a DVD copy of the finished film.

If you are interested in helping out in any of the following crew roles, please respond via email with your contact info and availability for that weekend. We will contact you shortly with a schedule.

Script Supervisor - Extremely important role for someone who is detail-oriented. Requires strict dedication in making sure the crew is following the script to the "T". Will also be in charge of a camera log.

Grips - Vital to the sanity of our cinematographer and for helping him not collapse of physical exhaustion. Requires some heavy lifting, but you will learn to use various types of film lights, C-stands, flags, scrims, gels, etc.

Boom Mic Operator - You will work closely with the Sound Recorder to get the best possible sound on set. Requires stamina to hold boom mic steady for long periods, but you will also learn about sound recording and logging.

***The days will be long, but you will be fed and you can swich up roles to try different things if you like. We will do our best to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone involved.