[NEohioPAL] Lake Erie College announces its Festival of New Plays

doctor celery doctorcelery at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 24 08:55:24 PST 2010

On March 19, 20, and 21 theater students will reveal their creativity in a New Play Festival being held at Lake Erie College.

The Festival features 4 short plays written by students of the college's play writing class.

The plays are: “Broken” by Joseph Fath.  "Broken" is an ironic comedy-drama about a failing marriage as symbolized by the couple's house falling apart around them.

“We'll Miss You, Michael Smith” by Nic Grimsic.  "We'll miss you, Michael Smith" is a very silly farce about a funeral with the wrong body on display, and lengths the two men running the funeral will go to cover up their error.

“Factory” by Jonathan Sweet.  "Factory" is a social drama about two men working at a factory and the crime they are considering to help change their lives.

“A Simple Lesson” by Danielle Pitrone.     "A Simple Lesson" is about a time-obsessed traveler and the troubles he has with people in a train station.

  The dates of the Festival are March 19 and 20 at 7:30 and a matinee on March 21 at 2:00.

All tickets are free, no reservations are necessary.

For more information, call the Lake Erie College Fine Arts box office at 440-375-7455.

"She went down to the pet shop and came back with two alligators. We asked her why she'd got two alligators, and she said they were on sale. Buy one at the regular price and you got another one for a penny. An alligator one cent sale. In its own way it made sense." Richard Brautigan, A CONFEDERATE GENERAL FROM BIG SUR