[NEohioPAL] Japanese Comedy Workshop - Free

Jess Rudolph jrr10 at po.cwru.edu
Sat Feb 27 23:33:38 PST 2010

Ohayou Gozaimasu!

<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/>The Confused
Greenies may specialize in the masked
improvisational comedy of Commedia dell'Arte but
we also perform the classic Japanese comedic art
of Kyogen - and today, Sunday the 28 at 4:00pm,
you can learn more about these
"<http://studentaffairs.case.edu/programs/satco/events/21505.calx>Mad
Works" as part of the Saturday College (SatCo) at
<http://www.case.edu/>Case Western Reserve
University - yes, a SatCo on a Sunday!

Kyogen is the comedic interludes and companions
to the more serious and tragic Noh plays of
centuries old Japanese tradition. Kyogen often
uses short farces with stock characters,
slapstick, and running gags to create very human
stories (regardless if the players are silly
servants, gods, demons, or mushrooms) and
universal humor accessible to anyone from any culture.

Our workshop will include performance
demonstration of this art, some of its long
history and style, movement exercises for several
prominent stock characters, and examinations of a
few short farces. And since we in The Confused
Greenies, are improv artists, we invite you to
help use stage these hilarious scenes!

4:00pm, Sunday, February 28:
<http://studentaffairs.case.edu/programs/satco/events/21505.calx>Mad
Words: Japanese Comedic Theatre
<http://wiki.case.edu/Nord_Hall>Nord Hall 410,
<http://www.case.edu/>Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
Free!

And in just three weeks we'll be performing our
fourth Mad Words: the Art of Kyogen for the Spring Anime Marathon at CWRU!

Email: lazzi at case.edu for more details, questions, or directions!

foolishly yours,
--Jess

Jess Rudolph (Niccolò Bartolazzi), Capocomico of
the Patchwork Players Productions:
The Confused Greenies - the Greatest, Loudest,
and Most Pompous Commedia dell'Arte troupe at Case Western Reserve University
i Verdi Confusi - the Greatest of the Newest
Commedia dell'Arte troupe in Northern Oaken of the Midrealm

http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/

-a hungry, hapless, and hopeful harlequin