[NEohioPAL] Wizard of Oz Opens

dave banks dbanks1 at neo.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 03:21:23 PST 2010

The CenterStage Theater Department at Walsh Jesuit High School will
present its Spring musical production, “The Wizard Of Oz,” written by
L. Frank Baum, with music by Harold Arlen and E. Y. Harburg, March
11th -21st , 2010 at the newly renovated theatre at Walsh Jesuit High
School 4550 Wyoga Lake Road, in Cuyahoga Falls. CenterStage will
perform the RSC version, which is closest to the movie classic.

This timeless classic comes to life on the stage, complete with all
your favorite characters: munchkins, flying monkeys, wicked witches,
the Good Witch, the Wizard, Dorothy, the cowardly lion, Tinman,
Scarecrow and even Toto.  We are pleased to have ZFX Flying once again
providing our aerial effects.  We previously had their services when
CenterStage did the production of “Peter Pan” a few years ago. A live
15 piece orchestra made up of local professionals and some of Walsh
Jesuit’s finest instrumental students will perform the musical score.

David Banks will once again direct the show as well as the orchestra,
Kim Raines Colton will handle the Choreography, our Technical Director
is Mark Schweter, and the set consultant is Phil Miller.

Show dates and times are March 11,17, and 18 at 7:00pm; March
12,13,19, and 20 at 7:30pm; March 14, 20,and 21 at 2:00pm. Ticket
prices are only $12.00 for adults, and $8.00 for students and Senior
Citizens. Special group rates for organizations and schools are also
available. There will also be two preview shows, March 9 and 10 at
7:00pm Visit www.walshjesuit.org for online ticket sales or contact
Suzanne Fielder at 330-239-4454 or email: suzanne.fielder at gmail.com
Call 330-929-4205 ext 167 for more information.