[NEohioPAL] CMA Film premiere Four Seasons Lodge, survivors from Holocaust celebrate life

Performing Arts Temp matemp at clevelandart.org
Wed Mar 17 08:31:28 PDT 2010

"It may be glib to call this the funniest Holocaust-themed doc yet made, but it's the truth." -Time OutNew York..

Wednesday, March 17,7:00
Sunday, March 21,1:30

Four Seasons Lodge
Directed by Andrew Jacobs. Elderly Holocaust survivors gather for their 26th summer together at a Catskills resort in this unique, life-affirming new documentary. Cleveland premiere.
>From the darkness of Hitler's Europe to the lush mountains of New York's Catskills, Four Seasons Lodge follows a community of Holocaust survivors who come together each summer at their beloved bungalow colony to dance, cook, fight, flirt  and celebrate their survival. Beautifully photographed by a team of cinematographers led by Albert Maysles (Gimme Shelter, Grey Gardens) and Justin Schein (No Impact Man) this unexpectedly funny film confronts sobering topics like aging, loss and the legacy of the Holocaust, capturing the Lodgers' intoxicating passion for life as the fate of their colony hangs in the balance. This vivid, inspiring, and unexpectedly funny portrait reveals the indomitable spirit of a singular community. "This is our revenge," one camper explains. "To live this long, this well, is a victory."

USA, 2008, COLOR,DVD, 97 MIN. FOURSEASONSMOVIE.ORG<http://fourseasonsmovie.org/>
Film shown in the Morley Lecture Hall at the Cleveland Museum of Art

TICKETS
$8 General admission
$6 CMA members, seniors 65 and over, and students
Or one CMA Film Series voucher
You can purchase vouchers in books of 10 at the box office for $60, CMA members $50.

Tickets available on show days or in advance at the museum box office, in person or by phone: 216-421-7350 or 1-888-CMA-0033. Tickets also available online. Major credit cards accepted.

PARKING
Rates: $5 for 15 min to 2.5 hrs.
$1 per 30 minutes thereafter to $10 max. $5 after 5 pm.

24-hour film information 216-707-2465 or www.clevelandart.org/film<http://www.clevelandart.org/film>

The Cleveland Museum of Art
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-1797