[NEohioPAL] Opening: University Level Voice Instruction (Paul Edward Clarke)

Paul Clarke paul.e.clarke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 12:39:47 PDT 2010

Limited space is available in the Fairlawn and Northfield studios of Paul
Edward Clarke, Tenor.

*Teaching Experience: *Prior faculty, Malone University Department of Music.

*Performance Experience:* Canton Comic Opera, Stocker Center Opera,
Cleveland Messiah Chorus, 122nd Army Band, Opera Cleveland Ensemble,
Fairmount Recital Series, PAND Series Concerts, Medina Star Recital Series.
Heard on Cleveland Radio, 104.9 WCLV.

*Education*: 21 years of combined music study. B.F.A. Voice Performance, The
Cleveland Institute of Music, Master's Degree Candidate in Music
Performance, University of Akron. Additional studies in New York City,
Rimini, Italy and Boston, Massachusetts.

*Lesson Basics:*

The most beautiful, passionate singing starts with great singing
fundamentals. Each lesson will include work on musical information and
technique such as:

-breathing, posture and relaxation.

-intonation- ear/pitch control.

-diction and articulation.

-note accuracy.

*Repertoire:*

My aim is to help students improve and increase their repertoire by teaching
music in the student's interest area, be it musical theater, pop, rock, or
gospel, in addition to classical repertoire that hones skills that can be
applied to any style. Students interested primarily in classical repertoire
will choose from an assortment of Italian, German, French, and English
art-songs as well as opera and oratorio arias. Attention to musical detail
will be stressed. This will include:

-interpretation and musicianship.

-dynamics and phrasing.

-tempo, expression, and style.

My approach is detailed, patient, and energetic, and my rates are
affordable.  My goal is to pass on my love of great music, and a tradition
of excellent singing. I hope to hear from you!

paul.e.clarke at gmail.com