[NEohioPAL] The Cleveland Play House Announces Annual Equity and Non-Equity Open Call Auditions

Christopher Bizub cbizub at clevelandplayhouse.com
Tue Apr 13 12:19:41 PDT 2010

The Cleveland Play House announces its annual open auditions. This year, the
auditions will be scheduled in two phases:

--On Friday, April 23, from 11:00 AM to 6:30 PM (with a break from 1:00 PM
to 1:30 PM), we will have an AEA-only Equity Principal Audition.

--On Monday, May 10, from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, we will have an open call in
which anyone, AEA or non-AEA, is welcome to audition.

Both audition days will be conducted at the Cleveland Play House, 8500
Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH, 44106.

Auditions are by appointment only.  To schedule an appointment, please email
Chris Bizub at cbizub at clevelandplayhouse.com. Please tell him your name,
email address, preferred day, and whether you would prefer a morning or
afternoon appointment. You will receive a reply with your appointment time.
Please remember that Friday, April 23 is for members of Actors' Equity
Association only.

For the audition, you will be given three minutes to do as you wish. Most
people split the time between two contrasting monologues.  You are also
welcome to sing a cappella, but because we are not casting any musicals in
the upcoming season, there will no piano or accompanist at the auditions.
Please bring a picture and resume with updated contact information, which we
will keep for future reference.

We will not see non-union children under 18. We will announce any auditions
for children on an as-needed basis during the course of the season.