[NEohioPAL] If you want to be a better actor then J. R. Studio is your studio!

Johnny Russell johnnymruss at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 14:15:44 PDT 2010

"[Johnny] is quite simply one of the best young teachers I've come across in my twenty years at Penn State."
Jane Ridley - Head, Graduate Acting PSU

"[Johnny] is one of the most
accomplished theater people I've worked with in the last few years." Sheldon Patinkin - Chair
 Emeritus, Theater Department, Columbia College Chicago
Artistic
Consultant to Second City and to Steppenwolf Theatre

J. R. Studio opens soon under the direction of Johnny Russell!

Johnny has been performing professionally for over 10 years across the East coast, the Midwest, and Chicago.  He is the co-founder of the multi-award winning SiNNERMAN Ensemble, one of Chicago's hottest young theatre companies.
In 2005 Johnny completed an intensive residence training program at Steppenwolf Theatre in Chicago.  While at Steppenwolf Johnny studied the Meisner approach to acting with Tony award nominated actor Amy Morton, Tony award nominated actor K. Todd Freeman, and Tony award winning actor Rondi Reed.  He also studied Improv with former Second City artistic director Sheldon Patinkin and Viewpoints with Tina Landau.

In 2009 Johnny received his M.F.A. in Acting from Penn State University with a concentration in Movement, Voice, and the Meisner approach in classical and contemporary performance.  While studying and teaching at Penn State, Johnny was awarded the Manuel Duque Scholarship which is the school's highest honor.

Johnny is now bringing his work and passion for the craft to Northeastern Ohio.

Make this the summer you bring your imagination and performance to life!
I look forward to seeing you at the studio!

For more information on J. R. Studio and classes being offered, please visit
www.johnnyrussell.org/Site/Studio.html