[NEohioPAL] EAT...Must See @ Fairmount

Zoldessy, Brian Brian.Zoldessy at tri-c.edu
Fri Apr 23 05:59:57 PDT 2010

Hello Neohiopal Friends and Colleagues -

I would like to reiterate Mr. Berko's comments from his spot-on review about Eat...It's not about food.*

*CAPSULE JUDGEMENT:   If you are a teenager, the parent of a teenager, or an educator of teens, 'EAT IT'S NOT ABUT FOOD' is required viewing.  Shut off the TV, stop the texting, and go---if you are teen, it could save your life or, if you are a parent, it could save the life of your child.

Fred Sternfeld and the EAT cast and crew have produced a very, very informative and highly entertaining evening.    We all know someone who has dealt with, or is dealing with an eating disorder, which is why I urge you to see this production and attend one of the talk-backs.  You will definitely be moved by the play, as well learn some valuable lessons.  I lost a cousin to Anorexia, and this was back in the early 60's!  My Aunt and Uncle never saw the signs. My Grandparents did, but never mentioned anything.  We lost a very beautiful individual.

There is a vitally important event being produced at the corner of Som Center and Wilson Mills.  Please go see it!

Thanks for your time.  Be well and all the best!

bz