[NEohioPAL] Thank you to Brian Zoldessy

jessisedai at aim.com jessisedai at aim.com
Fri Apr 23 06:01:57 PDT 2010

    I just wanted to write a note of public appreciation for the training I have received from Brian Zoldessy.  I have been working with him for several years as a private acting student.  After passing the West Virginia screening auditions, I went to SETC in Lexington, KY.  There, I received callbacks from 6 graduate programs, including the University of Alabama, and two professional theatre companies.  I have also been accepted to the Stella Adler Studio in New York City, the Mlitt/MFA program at Mary Baldwin College, and the apprentice company at the Shakespeare Festival of New Jersey.

    Brian worked with me extensively on the monologues I used for those auditions, and I largely credit him with my accomplishments thus far.  What I enjoy most about his method of teaching is how he trains me to coach myself.  By listening to my own evaluations of my performance, and then offering his own input, I can begin to understand for myself how to prepare my pieces.  Brian uses the time we have efficiently, and helps me create a battle plan for each audition.  Besides working the pieces themselves, he also shares his extensive experience with me.  Mental preparation is also part of the training I have received from Brian.  I would recommend him to any acting student at any level of training.