[NEohioPAL] The Mystery Bell

Bruce Jennings dadsongs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 17:54:24 PDT 2010

Dear Listies:

A couple weeks ago, I asked for your help in identifying a piece of
percussion equipment. Fred was gracious enough to allow me to attach a
photograph, although in doing so I pushed the limit for what is acceptable
as a post. Notwithstanding, I received about a dozen responses to my query,
some humorous and some serious. After just a few days, someone correctly
identified the instrument as a Burmese or Burma Bell, and even provided the
retailers price for the instrument, when it was offered a few years back.

After thanking the list for helping to answer my question, I neglected to
identify the instrument, leaving a lot of people to wonder.

And now you know, as Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story.

Finally, thank you, Fred, for this dispensable service. And this time, I
promise, the check is in the mail.

Regards,

Bruce Jennings
Shaker Heights, Ohio