[NEohioPAL] 8th - Adult: NINA DOMINGUE to teach PLAYWRITING WORKSHOP (3 wks/afternoons) at FPAC this summer.

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Thu May 20 09:07:30 PDT 2010

 FAIRMOUNT PERFORMING ARTS CONSERVATORY
SUMMER PROGRAM 2010
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING WORKSHOP
*

PLAYWRITING WORKSHOP
Instructor: Nina Domingue, Award-Winning Actor and Teacher
Dates: Session Two (three weeks) July 12 – 30;

Mondays - Fridays, 1:30 - 4:30pm

Limit: 8 students

Ages: 8th grade – Adult
**

“Plays by actors tend to have lots of crazy stuff in them...they’re always
about how much fun it is to be on the stage.” Marsha Norman, playwright

Did you know that some of our greatest playwrights– including David Mamet,
Beth Henley, Tracy Letts, and even William Shakespeare! … began their
theatrical life as actors?

Actor training is great preparation for learning how to write an exciting
and original play. In this workshop, we will start by using tools from the
‘actors toolbox,’ including improvisation, scene study, and movement – to
spark ideas for scenes and characters. We will then explore dramatic
structure, and the art of writing believable, ‘playable’ dialogue. The
workshop will end with a staged reading of scenes from your
plays-in-progress.

To get the most from this workshop, students should be prepared to write
both in, and out of, class.
*
For more information about ALL  of FPAC Summer Programs, go to this
link<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac_summer.html>
.