[NEohioPAL] North Coast Men's Chorus Presents Divalicious - a Concert Celebrating the Divas in our Lives - June 19 and 20

bryan at richcole.net bryan at richcole.net
Wed Jun 9 06:21:03 PDT 2010

The North Coast Men's Chorus
Presents
DIVALICIOUS

Saturday, June 19 -
8:00
Sunday, June 20 - 3:00
Waetjen Auditorium - Music and Communication
Building

Cleveland State University
2001 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland

Tickets
are available online at www.ncmchorus.org [1]
or by phone at (216)
556-0590

DIVALICIOUS celebrates the divas who have amassed big gay
followings through their careers. These are the women known simply by their
first names: Barbra, Judy, Liza, Bette, Cher, Madonna, and Beyoncé. From
the stage and screen to the dance club, these singers have left an
indelible mark on the entertainment world and gay culture.

Some of the
songs in DIVALICIOUS are _Get Happy_ and _Somewhere Over the Rainbow_ (Judy
Garland), _I Will Survive_ (Gloria Gaynor), _Jolene_ (Dolly Parton),
_Single Ladies_ (Beyoncé), _Close to You_ (Karen Carpenter), _Rehab_ (Amy
Winehouse), _Lady Marmalade_ (Patti LaBelle), _Wind Beneath My Wings_
(Bette Midler), _Vogue_ (Madonna), _Maybe This Time_ (Liza Minnelli), and
_Last Dance_ (Donna Summer). This tribute to our dreamgirls has more hits
than _Idol_, more glamour than _Project Runway_, and more gay than _Glee_.

DIVALICIOUS

Saturday, June 19 - 8:00 p.m.
SUNDAY, JUNE 20 - 3:00 P.M.

WAETJEN AUDITORIUM, MUSIC AND COMMUNICATION BUILDING
CLEVELAND STATE
UNIVERSITY
2001 EUCLID AVENUE, CLEVELAND

And while music (of course) is
the basis for any concert, you get so much more from the NCMC. Dancing,
lots of humor, outlandish costumes, and really neat lights all add to the
experience. DIVALICIOUS is guaranteed to have to talking about this concert
with all your friends, so bring them along with you. Tickets range in price
from $10 - $35 presale, so hurry and order your tickets today at
www.ncmchorus.org [2] or call 216-556-0590

Links:
------
[1]