[NEohioPAL] Study with Brian Zoldessy - Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory

Stephen Covey freedom.land at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 07:00:38 PDT 2010

I was very pleased to read about Brian Zoldessy's upcoming classes at Fairmount.  Don't miss this opportunity to study with him!  My nephew was recently accepted to the prestigious Denver Center For The Performing Arts due to Mr. Zoldessy's wonderful coaching abilities and audition technique training.  In his acceptance letter from Denver, the faculty stated that my nephew was one of the most prepared candidates they had seen in years.  Here are a few more testimonials from Brian's site:

Dear Brian,
        Well, you have succeeded once more, Mr. Zoldessy. Yesterday, I found out I got into the Theatre Education program at NYU! I just want to thank you again so much for all your amazing advice and training. You are an amazing teacher and I hope you will come to visit me in the city when I am there. I will definitely keep in touch with you to let you know about what happens in my life in the future and I hope you will
let me know what you are doing as well. Thank you again for everything Brian, and I hope we can work together again in the future. Good luck.
Sincerely, Emily Baron
 Brian Zoldessy is the greatest acting teacher I have ever had. I give him a lot of the credit for my college acceptances. He first directed me in Lord of the Flies in 2002, which ended up being one of the most rewarding acting experiences of my life. Brian has helped me grow in ways I didn't think possible, and he has not only been a wonderful coach, but a wonderful friend. He's funny, caring, and intelligent, and I've recommended him to everyone I know seeking a coach.
Alex Wyse
Great Acting Coach in our own backyard
I just wanted to write a note regarding the talents of my acting coach, Brian Zoldessy.  A gifted actor and director, he is also terrific as an acting instructor.  He shows you how to start with the basics of acting and then how to build on those basics to get the layered performance that every actor strives for.  His passion and respect for his craft have certainly inspired me to pay “even more attention to the work”.
Molly Clay

Dear Brian,
Congratulations on the wonderful article in the January 2nd Crain’s edition! You do such good work at the College particularly at the Eastern Campus. The article certainly chronicles your many talents in promoting the arts. We are all very proud of your accomplishments and thrilled that the media decided to share your achievements with the public.
You are certainly an ambassador for Cuyahoga Community College and we value all that you have done over the years and what you are and will continue to do to expose our students and community to the arts.
Jerry Sue Thornton, President, Cuyahoga Community College

Subject: Celebrating a great performance
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:19:06 -0400

I had one of those rare moments the other day. I saw a local actor give a
once-in-a-lifetime performance. It was even more unusual, in that the
performance was in a new play which still needed work.

The play is called TO KNOW HIM, a drama by Albi Gorn about an AIDS patient
and a female rabbinical student who comes to visit him. They argue
religion, talk about old movies, and ultimately she tries to get him to
reconcile with his estranged father. The incredibly riveting performance
was by Brian Zoldessy, who so inhabited the role with every breath,
movement, look, gesture, and action that I will likely remember it to the
end of my life.

Brian himself had a severely life-threatening illness earlier this year --where he was in and out of the hospital for a good 3 months. His experience
clearly shaped how he handled the role. With painstaking physical work --
from the smallest details, like putting lotion on his leg -- Zoldessy
showed exhaustion, anger, pain, and spiritual despair – yet instead of
being depressing, the effect was exhilarating. No one could take their
eyes off him.
It reminded me how one can't really judge a script until it is fully
incarnated. I would have dismissed this play as predictable and way too
talky had I read a draft. But with this textured, loving performance
fueling it, it ended up being deeply moving.

I just wanted to celebrate a wonderful performance!

Professional Training Workshop

·         The Core
·         Advanced Training
Production Workshop FPAC Presents!

·         Children of Eden
·         Honk! Junior
·         Pride and Prejudice
Contemporary Theatre Workshop for Adults Sundays with Brian Zoldessy NYC Trip Faculty & Staff FAQs Tuition Register

·         Request an Audition
·         Registration Form
Testimonials Locations Contact Us

Fairmount Center for the Arts
8400 Fairmount Road
Novelty, OH 44072
440-338-3171

Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory
Summer Program 2010
Sundays with Brian Zoldessy

Older teens and adults can take part in three one-shot workshops. Please register by completing the form at this link.
Carpe Luden (Seize the School): College Audition Prep
Instructor: Brian Zoldessy, AEA Actor, Director, Professor / Director of Theatre at Tri C East