[NEohioPAL] LIMITED ENROLLMENT LEFT FOR BECK CENTER'S SUMMER THEATER CAMPS

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Tue Jun 22 08:48:37 PDT 2010

It's so great to be able to say that we are almost sold out!!

The Beck Center for the Arts Summer Theater Camps are off and running
this week.  Our first "Junior Theater Camp: Celebration!" is not only
filled to capacity - we had to add an EXTRA section to accommodate all
the students.  In fact, since our second Junior Theater Camp in
July/August is filling up fast too, we've also enlarged it to allow more
kids to participate!

However, there is only a limited amount of slots left.  So if you are
interested in being a part of the fun, call the Beck Center at
216-521-2540 x10 and sign up now! Or check us out online at
www.beckcenter.org.

Meanwhile, our two Teen Camps are quickly running out of openings, so
don't wait as there are only so many we can have!  Remember, all camps
culminate in an original production that gives everyone an opportunity
to be seen. Don't miss out!

Junior Theater Camp (Ages 7 to 12): Celebration!

Session II: 7/26 - 8/13; Monday through Friday; 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; 3
weeks; Tuition: $235 (split payment available); Location: Main Building;
Performances on 8/13 at 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.

The Junior Theater Camp is designed for all students, whether or not
they have prior performance experience. Campers will work with theater
professionals learning techniques in acting, singing, and dancing as
they rehearse for their original show: Celebration! This fun performance
will be the culmination of their work and will feature acting scenes and
musical numbers. Actors will perform the show for family and friends on
the last day of camp on the stage in the Beck Center Music-Armory
Building. Tickets to the performances are $5 each. Information
concerning performances will be distributed on the first day of camp.

Improv/Comedy Camp (Ages 13 to 18): Make 'em Laugh: A Summer Comedy
Showcase

7/6 - 7/23; Monday through Friday; 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.; 3 weeks; Tuition:
$335 (split payment available); Location: Main Building or Music-Armory
Building; Performances on 7/23 & 7/24 at 7:30 p.m.

Headed by Russ Stich, this intensive theater camp is for students who
are dedicated to developing their performance skills with experienced
professionals. Featuring a focus on the art of improvisation and comedy,
camp participants will develop and pick material while strengthening
their improvisational skills.  All this in preparation to rehearse for
their performances of Make 'em Laugh: A Summer Comedy Showcase,
featuring well-known sketches along with original scenes and improv
segments. It's a guaranteed comedy blast! Tickets to the performances
are $5 each.

Musical Theater Camp (Ages 13 to 18): Beck and Beyond! A Summer Salute

7/26 - 8/13; Monday through Friday; 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.; 3 weeks;
Tuition: $335* (split payment available); Location: Main Building;
Performances on 8/13 & 8/14 at 7:30 p.m.

This musical theater camp is for students who are serious and passionate
about performing in musical theater. Participants will work with a
director, musical directors and choreographers as a dedicated team to
pull together the original musical review Beck and Beyond: A Summer
Salute! The show will focus on musicals that have been previously
presented by the Beck Center's Theater sprinkled with songs from shows
we want to see Beck do in the future! If you love musicals, you'll love
this camp. Tickets to the performances are $5 each.

Audition Date: 7/22, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.  Participants are encouraged to
do a preliminary audition so that we may determine appropriate material
for the performance. Sign up slots will be available upon registration.
Students are asked to prepare a short musical theater song that they
feel best shows off their abilities.

Tech Theater Summer Internship (Ages 15 to 18)

7/26 - 8/13; Monday through Friday; 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.; 3 weeks; Tuition:
$335* (split payment available); Location: Main Building; Will work
Performances on 8/13 & 8/14 from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m.

Only one positions left!  Applicants must interview with Joe Carmola,
Technical Director and Jonathan Kronenberger, Associate Director of
Theater Education.

If you love working behind the scenes, here is a great chance to develop
and apply your technical skills.  This internship with Beck Center's
Technical Director will have students working in a professional scene
shop, building props, learning about scene painting, lighting and sound.
In the final week of the internship, students will put their newfound
skills to the test as they run the technical aspects of the Musical
Theater Summer Camp Performances of Beck and Beyond! A Summer Salute.
This internship is a great addition to your resume!

* * * * *

Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio.  Beck
Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers
professional theater productions on two stages, arts education
programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and
creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits
featuring local and regional artists. For more information about the
Beck Center, visit our website at www.beckcenter.org.